Ticket History Format with CC Header

Hello All,

While trying to clean up a few things, I noticed that the displaying of history column is all screwed up when the “FROM/TO/CC” line has a lot email address. It does not wrap them to the next line at all. Since it does not do that, I would have to scroll all the way to the right and then click on “Take” or “Open” the ticket. I tried to put the below setting in “RT_SiteConfig” to resolve the issue and its still not working after a apachectl stop and then apachectl start. Any ideas?

For message boxes, set the entry box width and what type of wrapping

to use.

Default width: 72

Set($MessageBoxWidth , 72);

Default wrapping: “HARD” (choices “SOFT”, “HARD”)

Set($MessageBoxWrap, “HARD”);

Jonathan Chen

This electronic mail message contains information belonging to PaymentOne, which may be confidential and/or legal privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronically mailed information is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately notify us by electronic mail and delete this message.

Hello All,

While trying to clean up a few things, I noticed that the displaying of history column is all screwed up when the “FROM/TO/CC” line has a lot email address.
3.2 should fix this.

By chance the code to fix it is easy enough to patch 3.11? I will be giving a demonstration of RT and would like that part to be fixed is possible. So far the system is stable and only crashed once a couple of days ago when trying to manually create a new ticket.

Fixed the crashing part by removing files in /tmp and /opt/rt3/var/mason_data and session_data.

Sorry for being off topic, would you agree that most of the RT crashing has something to do with the mason_data and session_data being altered in some way?-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 10:18 AM
To: Jonathan Chen
Cc: rt-users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Ticket History Format with CC Header

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 09:45:17AM -0700, Jonathan Chen wrote:

Hello All,

While trying to clean up a few things, I noticed that the displaying of history column is all screwed up when the “FROM/TO/CC” line has a lot email address.
3.2 should fix this.

This electronic mail message contains information belonging to PaymentOne, which may be confidential and/or legal privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronically mailed information is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately notify us by electronic mail and delete this message.

By chance the code to fix it is easy enough to patch 3.11?

I doubt this is an easy backport, but I had a quick and dirty and
probably breaks other things patch if you just need it for the
demo. Copy /path/to/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowMessageHeaders
to local/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowMessageHeaders and apply the patch
below.

Michael

— share/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowMessageHeaders 2004-01-02 17:55:55.000000000 -0500
+++ local/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowMessageHeaders 2004-02-18 10:08:32.000000000 -0500
@@ -23,7 +23,12 @@
%# END LICENSE BLOCK
<%$content |n%>
<%INIT>
-my $content = $Headers;
+my $temp = $Headers;
+# TODO: add a variable test for this
+require Text::Wrapper;
+my $content = Text::Wrapper->new(columns => 60)->wrap($temp);
RT::Interface::Web::EscapeUTF8($content);
$m->comp(‘/Elements/Callback’, content => $content, %ARGS);
</%INIT>

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman@northwestern.edu
http://msl521.freeshell.org/
“I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals.”
-Paul Newman in “Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid”

This affects text input boxes, not display.

Sebastian

Sebastian Flothow
sebastian@flothow.de

Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.

This affects text input boxes, not display.

Sebastian

I have a question on this then. I am attempting to set up wraping for RTFM but I can seem to get this to work for those text boxes. As it is right now when you create a new article it just spans way off to the right. Is there a file somewhere that I need to edit to get this to wrap correctly? I am currently using RT 3.0.11-1 (on Debian) and RTFM 2.0.3-1