Steal ticket using REST interface

Well, I don’t see this on the wiki and Google is not turning anything up, so I am hoping to get some answers here.

I have a basic REST client working to get tickets, add comments, etc. In order to publicly reply to a ticket, I need to steal it first. I saw in the 3.6.0 release notes from 2006 that this functionality should be available, but the wiki doesn’t really say how.

Here is what doesn’t work so far:

Issue a basic request to "/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/steal"
Issue request to “/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/steal” and set content variable with “id: [ticketnumber] Action: steal” (yes, each key/value on a seperate line)

Issue request to “/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/comment” and set content variable with “id: [ticketnumber] Action: steal”

Issue request to “/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/edit” and set content variable with “owner: [username]”

I know I am missing some obvious, any help?

Well, I don’t see this on the wiki and Google is not turning anything up, so I am hoping to
get some answers here.
I have a basic REST client working to get tickets, add comments, etc. In order to publicly
reply to a ticket, I need to steal it first. I saw in the 3.6.0 release notes from 2006 that
this functionality should be available, but the wiki doesn’t really say how.
Here is what doesn’t work so far:
Issue a basic request to “/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/steal”
Issue request to “/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/steal” and set content variable with “id:
[ticketnumber] Action: steal” (yes, each key/value on a seperate line)
Issue request to “/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/comment” and set content variable with “id:
[ticketnumber] Action: steal”
Issue request to “/REST/1.0/ticket/[ticketnumber]/edit” and set content variable with “owner:
[username]”
I know I am missing some obvious, any help?

The tests steal, t/web/command_line.t and bin/rt help steal has docs.
I suggest running with RTDEBUG=3 bin/rt steal 7 and seeing what it
sends.

-kevin

Hi,

i’m a user of RT, ad i found an old post that you written about a problem in
RT: the steal of a ticket via REAT interface.

Now, i have the same problem: i must connect to RT installation using a REST
(in java) to reassign ticket, an this operation sometime implies first the
steal of the same ticket that i wont reassign.

I’m writing for asking if you have found a solution.

Tanks! And sorry for my english…