Starting RT automatically

Hi,
I have setup and RT and i am able to run it using this command /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server --port 8080 as per instructions Web deployment - RT 4.4.4 Documentation - Best Practical but i am failing to get it to start automatically.

I have played around with Virtualhosts but cant seem to get it right.
Can someone who has it running shed some light to what i am possibly doing wrong ?

I am running : Ubuntu 18.04, Mysql, Apache with fastcgi.

Kind Regards

Are you trying to run RT on server reboot? I believe it is easiest to set-up Apache and have Apache start on server start.

1 Like

Hi Knation,
Yes i am trying to get RT to run on server reboot. Apache does run on boot and now need to get RT to do the same ?

What error do you see when trying to hit RT when running it with Apache?

1 Like

If i access 127.0.0.1, it is running the default apache page ?

Ah, so what you are after is how to configure apache to run RT?

1 Like

Hi Booth, Yes thats what i am looking for!

I believe a virtual host example is on the page you initially linked to Web deployment - RT 4.4.4 Documentation - Best Practical

1 Like

I am not sure what i missed, but that breaks my setup for some reason. Currently i am re-installing rt. Let me try it again and see where i went wrong. will report back.

I’d make sure the Apache user has the correct rights to access RT’s files

1 Like

Thank you for your help and responses. @knation, @G.Booth.
Started my installation from scratch implemented instructions (Web deployment - RT 4.4.4 Documentation - Best Practical ) on a seperate conf file and all is working well.

Kind Regards