*sigh* unable to get Plugins to work

Hello All,
I’m having a heck of a time getting a couple of plugins to work with RT
3.8.2. I’ve got RT up and running, but whenever I try to add the
Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::Authen::ExternAuth))); I get the error:

Thu Feb 26 16:29:23 2009] [error] Can’t locate RT/Authen/ExternAuth.pm in
@INC

Now I’ve tried redoing the perl Makefile.PL; make; make install several
times. Should the ExternAuth files get loaded anywhere else besides
/opt/rt3/local/plugins? I’ve got:

[root@ithaca RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08]# vdir $RTHOME/local/plugins
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 2009-02-26 16:29 RT-Authen-ExternalAuth

I guess I’m confused (even after scouring the web :-P) about how and where
RT calls plugins. Does it interpret the ‘-’ chars in RT-Authen-ExternAuth
as ‘::’ or ‘/’ for finding the plugins? Or should the
/opt/rt3/local/plugins dir show up in the @INC array?

Oh, I’ve run fixdeps and it seems to have found everything it needs. Here
are the results of the make:

Thanks!
Derek

[root@ithaca RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08]# perl Makefile.PL
Cannot determine perl version info from lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm
Cannot determine author info from lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm
Cannot determine license info from lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm
Using RT configuration from /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:
./etc => /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/etc
./html => /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/html
./lib => /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib
Cannot determine perl version info from lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm
Checking if your kit is complete…
Looks good
Writing Makefile for RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
[root@ithaca RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08]# vdir $RTHOME/local/plugins
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 2009-02-26 14:48 RT-Authen-ExternalAuth
[root@ithaca RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08]# rm -rf
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/
[root@ithaca RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08]# make
cp lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm blib/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm
cp lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm
blib/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm
cp lib/RT/User_Vendor.pm blib/lib/RT/User_Vendor.pm
cp lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI/Cookie.pm
blib/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI/Cookie.pm
cp lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm blib/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm
Manifying blib/man3/RT::Authen::ExternalAuth.3pm
Manifying blib/man3/RT::User_Vendor.3pm
[root@ithaca RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08]# make install
Installing
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/User_Vendor.pm
Installing
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm
Installing
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm
Installing
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm
Installing
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI/Cookie.pm
Writing /opt/rt3/local/man/auto/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/.packlist
Appending installation info to
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/perllocal.pod
Installing
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm
Installing
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/html/Callbacks/ExternalAuth/autohandler/Auth

View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/sigh-unable-to-get-Plugins-to-work-tp22237933p22237933.html

Hello All,
I’m having a heck of a time getting a couple of plugins to work with RT
3.8.2. I’ve got RT up and running, but whenever I try to add the
Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::Authen::ExternAuth))); I get the error:

I’m don’t know enough about Perl to know if it’ll matter, but I
noticed you have more parentheses than me. I have:

Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Extension::ExtractCustomFieldValues
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth));

no opening ( before the qw.

/chown -R us:us /yourbase

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf
Of Rob Munsch
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 10:42 AM
To: Dhrakar
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] sigh unable to get Plugins to work

Hello All,
I’m having a heck of a time getting a couple of plugins to
work with
RT 3.8.2. I’ve got RT up and running, but whenever I try
to add the
Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::Authen::ExternAuth))); I get the error:

I’m don’t know enough about Perl to know if it’ll matter, but
I noticed you have more parentheses than me. I have:

Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Extension::ExtractCustomFieldValues
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth));

no opening ( before the qw.

Yes, this is your issue, since what you’re passing with the extra parenthesis is an anonymous function instead of the string scalar entry for append to the Plugins array for inclusion.

Gary L. Greene, Jr.
IT Operations
Minerva Networks, Inc.
Tel: (408) 240-1239
Cell: (650) 704-6633

Gary Greene-4 wrote:

Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::Authen::ExternAuth))); I get the error:

I’m don’t know enough about Perl to know if it’ll matter, but
I noticed you have more parentheses than me. I have:

Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Extension::ExtractCustomFieldValues
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth));

no opening ( before the qw.

Yes, this is your issue, since what you’re passing with the extra
parenthesis is an anonymous function instead of the string scalar entry
for append to the Plugins array for inclusion.

Thanks Rob and Gary … Not only were the extra parentheses an issue, but
the fact that I had spelled the module ‘ExternAuth’ instead of
’ExternalAuth’ was definitely an issue :stuck_out_tongue: The module loads now, so I can
actually work on configuring it (we’re using an OS X OpenDirectory server to
feed it with LDAP info).

Regards,
Derek
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/sigh-unable-to-get-Plugins-to-work-tp22237933p22298112.html