Shouldn't RT use a "Errors-To" header in generated email?

Hello all,

from what I can tell, RT does not use the “Errors-To” header for the mail it generates. Yesterday, a mail bounce problem for a queue watcher caused thousands of tickets to be auto-created in our installation. There is a huge dollop of blame for our not filtering out bounce messages or using existing bounce processing mechanism(s) in RT. But if RT added an Errors-To header (pointing to a non-auto-ticket-creating address), this sort of thing would not happen. What am I missing? (I must be, since otherwise the feature would exist by now).

—ravi

from what I can tell, RT does not use the “Errors-To” header for the mail it generates. Yesterday, a mail bounce problem for a queue watcher caused thousands of tickets to be auto-created in our installation. There is a huge dollop of blame for our not filtering out bounce messages or using existing bounce processing mechanism(s) in RT. But if RT added an Errors-To header (pointing to a non-auto-ticket-creating address), this sort of thing would not happen. What am I missing? (I must be, since otherwise the feature would exist by now).
Alas, Errors-To is deprecated, but you can add Errors-To or
Return-Path to a template pretty easily.

The problem also lies in part on the other side since RT does set
Precedence:bulk by default.
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.

Hello all,

—ravi
  If I am not mistaken you can modify (or create a local version

with the modification) the perl script that creates the emails. I know
I have done it to remove a few headers; can’t see why you could not
add some of your own.