Search and queue links are getting rewritten

Hello, here’s the setup.
RHEL 8.4, Apache 2.4.37, mod_fcgid 2.3.9, MariaDB 10.3, Shibboleth auth, RT 5.0.1.

Last week I migrated from RT 3.6.6 to the new server. Everything went fine except one of our 8 privileged users is getting bad links from search results or from links inside any of our queues. Tickets listed in “Newest unowned tickets” or “Highest priory tickets” in the RT at a glance view are fine.

RT_SiteConfig.pm – Old Set($WebPath , “/rt3”); – new Set($WebPath , “”);

The bad links are adding the old webpath:
https://blahblah.edu/**rt3**/Ticket/Display.html?id=30430
Where they should be:
https://blahblah.edu/Ticket/Display.html?id=30430

Again, this is only in search results, the queues, and only a single user.

Any thoughts on what’s up? The only thing different about the one user is after the database migration/upgrade was finished a local password was set with a mysql command, and the user logged in locally (prior login was LDAP auth) to change usernames to handle Shibboleth auth. I can’t see how that could cause the borked links, but maybe?

thanks - Boyd

Hello

When I’ve seen this before, it has been caused by the user using saved searches which contained the path embedded in their format strings.

For example, in the “advanced” view of a search, under “Format”, you might see something like this:

'<a href="__WebPath__/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__">__id__</a>/TITLE:#'

This shows the ticket ID as a link to the ticket.

But the user in question may have a search with something like this, instead:

'<a href="/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__">__id__</a>/TITLE:#'

Here the “/rt3” is embedded in the format string, meaning that changing the configured $WebPath has no effect.

My experience is limited to RT 2.x, 3.x, and 4.x, but I would assume it carries over to 5.x.

So I’d suggest taking a look at the searches the affected user is running, to see if they have “/rt3” where they should have “__WebPath__” in their format string.

Hi Andrew, that was it! Big thanks from me and my boss who’s account was in question. We went in to Saved Searches and reset all to Default.

Boyd