RTFM and Self Service portal

All,

I am getting ready to start publishing some articles to my end user base using “Articles”. I have set up my class and have created some content for testing purposes. I am following the introduction.pod file in /lib/RT/PM from the RTFM-2.4.5.tar stack. Per this document and other resources on the web state that if I grant the Unprivileged User group the ShowArticle permission on any class I have created the “end user” should see a search box enabling them to search KB articles we the IT staff have written. This is not the case however. I see a search box to search " tickets" and when I search for an article it errors out saying it cannot find the “ticket” it is trying to search for.

I am running RT 4.0.7 on Debian 6.

Any suggestions?

Jeff

I am getting ready to start publishing some articles to my end user base using “Articles”. I
have set up my class and have created some content for testing purposes. I am following the
introduction.pod file in /lib/RT/PM from the RTFM-2.4.5.tar stack. Per this document and other
resources on the web state that if I grant the Unprivileged User group the ShowArticle
permission on any class I have created the “end user” should see a search box enabling them to
search KB articles we the IT staff have written. This is not the case however. I see a search
box to search " tickets" and when I search for an article it errors out saying it cannot find
the “ticket” it is trying to search for.

I am running RT 4.0.7 on Debian 6.

RT 4.0.7 contains Articles, which is a repackaging of RTFM into core.
Installing and running RTFM 2.4.5 will cause problems.

Unprivileged users will get that search box when you grant ShowArticle
globally, because it was written for RTFM which only had global
classes, not for RT4 which introduced a more fully featured Class
object.

-kevin