Rt3; rt-mailgate and qmail problem

Hi folks,

I just installed RT3 this morning and I still have hardly any idea
what I am doing yet. Unfortunately I seem to be unable to get
rt-mailgate to work.

I’m using qmail and fastforward, so in my alias file I’ve got:

rt@blitzed.org: “| preline /data/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url http://rt.blitzed.org/

Now when I mail that address I get this in my qmail logs:

@400000003f3db3243820474c delivery 205765: deferral:
RT_server_error.//The_RT_server_which_handled_your_email_did_not_behave_as_expected.It/said:///////<p_align=“center”><font_face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">System_error

/<table_border="0"cellspacing="0"cellpadding=“1”>//<td_nowrap=“nowrap”_align=“left”_valign=“top”><font_face=“Verdana,_Arial,_Helvetica,_sans-serif”_size=“-2”>error: /<td_align="left"valign=“top”><font_face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"size=“-2”>Can’t_locate_object_method"output_prefix"via_package"MIME::Parser"at/data/rt3/lib/RT/EmailParser.pm_line_770.
/
/
/<td_nowrap=“nowrap”_align=“left”_valign=“top”><font_face=“Verdana,_Arial,_Helvetica,_sans-serif”_size=“-2”>context: /<td_align="left"valign="top"nowrap=“nowrap”><font_face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"size=“-2”>/<table_border="0"cellpadding="0"cellspacing=“0”>///<td_nowrap=“nowrap”_align=“left”_valign=“top”><font_face=“Verdana,_Arial,_Helvetica,_sans-serif”_size=“-2”> /<td_align="left"valign="top"nowrap=“nowrap”><font_face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"size=“-2”>///
/<td_nowrap=“nowrap”_align=“left”_valign=“top”><font_face=“Verdana,_Arial,_Helvetica,_sans-serif”_size=“-2”>766: /<td_align="left"valign="top"nowrap=“nowrap”><font_face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"size=“-2”>#If_someone_includes_a_message,don’t_extract_it/
//
/<td_nowrap=“nowrap”_align=“left”_valign=“top”><font_face=“Verdana,_Arial,_Helvetica,_sans-serif”_size=“-2”>767: /<td_align="left"valign="top"nowrap=“nowrap”><font_face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"size=“-2”>$parser->extract_nested_messages(1);////<td_nowrap=“nowrap”_align=“left”_valign=“top”><font_face=“Verdana,_Arial,_Helvetica,_sans-serif”_size=“-2”>768: /<td_align="left"valign="top"nowrap=“nowrap”><font_face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"size=“-2”>////<td_nowrap=“nowrap”_align=“left”_valign=“top”><font_face=“Verdana,_Arial,_Helvetica,_sans-serif”_size=“-2”>769: /<td_align="left"valign="top"nowrap=“nowrap”><font_face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"size=“-2”>#Set_up_the_prefix_for_files_with_auto-generated_names:////<td_nowrap=“nowrap”_align=“left”_valign=“top”><font_face=“Verdana,_Arial,_Helvetica,_sans-serif”_size=“-2”>770: /<td_align="left"valign="top"nowrap=“nowrap”><font_face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"size=“-2”><font_color=red>$parser->output_prefix("part");///__/_____<td_nowrap=“nowrap”_align="lef/Error_report_too_long,_sorry./

I have tried searching the archives of this list and all I found was
one similar query to which the answer was “set up your web
interface”. Well, I thought I had done that so I am not sure what
that would mean. Certainly, my RT has a root user and another user
for me, both of which I can log in as. The rt-mailgate POD confuses
me by saying that it too needs an RT user.

I followed the install instructions in the PDF and the only things I
have done so far is log in as root, change the password and then
create a user for myself.

I would be really grateful if someone could tell me what I have
missed, and show me where to read up on it.

Thanks,
Andy Smith

“SCSI is usually fixed by remembering that it needs three terminations: One at
each end of the chain. And the goat.”
– Andrew McDonald, HantsLUG