RT2 to RT3 conversion troubles -

Hey all,

Anyone run into this one?

Started dumpfile-to-rt3 and it ran happily for a little bit before
running into a ticket that it had trouble with:

[crit]: syntax error at rt2/tickets-1000/t-1007 line 2298, near “!”
(Might be a runaway multi-line ‘’ string starting on line 2293)
Compilation failed in require at ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 443.
(/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:232)

Now when I try to run it again it spews:

./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 rt2

Can’t modify not in scalar assignment at
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm line 404, near "0 unless"
BEGIN not safe after errors–compilation aborted at
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm line 2204.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 100) line 3.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Tickets.pm line 51.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Tickets.pm line 51.
Compilation failed in require at ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 39.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 39.

I should add that I’m headed from RT 2.0.9 under postgres to RT 3.0.2
using rt2-to-rt3-v1.12

Thanks,
Mick

I should add that I’m headed from RT 2.0.9 under postgres to RT 3.0.2
using rt2-to-rt3-v1.12

Ah - RT3.0.2 under MySQL.

Many thanks.

Mick


[crit]: syntax error at rt2/tickets-1000/t-1007 line 2298, near “!”
(Might be a runaway multi-line ‘’ string starting on line 2293)
Compilation failed in require at ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 443.
(/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:232)

Here’s the section of t-1007 that caused the problem:

{
‘Creator’ => ‘23’,
‘Attachment’ => [
{
‘Creator’ => ‘23’,
‘ContentType’ =>
‘multipart/mixed’,
‘Subject’ =>
‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’,
‘TransactionId’ =>
‘13111’,
‘Created’ =>
‘2002-01-09 15:11:58+00’,
‘Headers’ =>
‘MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.411 (Entity 5.404)
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----------=_1010589118-15594-0"

! },

Note the extra “!” in there at the bottom? Where the hell did that come
from? Looks like a possible bug in the rt2-to-dumpfile script in
rt2-to-rt3-v1.12?

The aborted conversion seriously muckered up my rt3 install, I’ve had to
start from scratch again.

Hey - and this is really strange - after the conversion failed
subsequent attempts to run just about anything related to RT puked:

Can’t modify not in scalar assignment at
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm line 404, near "0 unless"
BEGIN not safe after errors–compilation aborted at
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm line 2204.

As I said, I’ve just started from scratch again, and that chunk of
Ticket_Overlay.pm looks like this:

# {{{ Dealing with time fields

$args{'TimeEstimated'} = 0 unless defined $args{'TimeEstimated'};
$args{'TimeWorked'}    = 0 unless defined $args{'TimeWorked'};
$args{'TimeLeft'}      = 0 unless defined $args{'TimeLeft'};

But when it was failing (before I reinstalled everything) that first
line had a phantom ! at the beginning of it too!

I’m working around the problem now, but it does seem like something
buggy is going on in the conversion scripts, no?

Thanks,

Mick

Manually edited t-1007 to remove the ! and ran into trouble at 1075.
But now everything is screwed again. Get this:

Attempts to run the conversion script again now fail with:

Can’t modify not in scalar assignment at /opt/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm
line 539, near ");"
BEGIN not safe after errors–compilation aborted at
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm line 883.

Wait, it’s interesting, I promise.

Line 883 in my newly installed /opt/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm looks
like:

! my %args = ( PrincipalId => undef,

Phantom “!” again!

Here’s the output of a diff between the ACE_Overlay.pm in the tarball
and the one that’s causing trouble now:

diff ACE_Overlay.pm /opt/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm

538c538
< my %args = ( PrincipalId => undef,

! my %args = ( PrincipalId => undef,

Any ideas on this one? I’m growing suspicious that this is not
specifically a problem with RT, but some rather weird behaviour from
Perl on this machine. Redhat 9.

I can’t think of any reason why the modules themselves should be edited
like this.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mick

Wait, it’s interesting, I promise.

Line 883 in my newly installed /opt/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm looks
like:

! my %args = ( PrincipalId => undef,

Phantom “!” again!

Okay - definitely not RT’s fault. Sorry for clogging your Inbox with my
thought process.

I became extra suspicious when tar refused to uncompress the rt tarball
I had used just minutes earlier, saying that it had invalid CRC.
Decided to put the machine through its paces a few times.

I downloaded the Linux Kernel source tarball and intended to uncompress
it 10 times into separate directories and compare the differences. I
was only able to do so 3 times before the tarball was no longer usable
(CRC errors) and there were differences between the directories produced
by pass 1 and pass 3, including the addition of a couple “!” here and
there in various bits of code.

Not sure what’s wrong, but I’m pretty sure it’s nothing you all need to
concern yourself with. Hopefully this means the conversion will be as
smooth once I get the hardware issues straightened out.

Thanks for your time,

Mick