RT users show up in configuration but not on change ticket owner

When I go to change the owner of a ticket, only a few users show up, as
in this screenshot:
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5545/changeowner8tu.jpg

However, when viewing the privileged users, there are many more, as in
this screenshot:
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/60/privusers4wi.jpg

What is the reason for this disparity, and can I fix it. I’ve looked at
the user tables in the rt3 database and I see nothing different between
multiple users except for their id’s and creators.

My main problem is that no one can assign tickets to me right now, along
with a couple of other coworkers.

Thanks,
Chris Benard

smime.p7s (3.17 KB)

Chris Benard wrote:

When I go to change the owner of a ticket, only a few users show up,
as in this screenshot:
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5545/changeowner8tu.jpg

However, when viewing the privileged users, there are many more, as in
this screenshot:
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/60/privusers4wi.jpg

What is the reason for this disparity, and can I fix it. I’ve looked
at the user tables in the rt3 database and I see nothing different
between multiple users except for their id’s and creators.

My main problem is that no one can assign tickets to me right now,
along with a couple of other coworkers.

Do the “missing” users have OwnTicket rights on that queue?

Thanks,
Chris Benard



http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com

Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst
Raymond Walters College
University of Cincinnati

They are all superuser. Only we in IT are the ones who actually log
into the interface. I’ve rigged up a web submission system for everyone
else through a web form via email.

I think I just found the solution, although strange. I went into
groups, and then into Staff, and the only users who were showing up were
the ones in the staff group.

I’m not sure why that’s required since we’re all superusers, but that
seems to have fixed it. This was not required in RT 3.0.6, which is
what I upgraded from to 3.4.2(doing make upgrade and upgrading the
schema etc for each newer version).

Thanks,
Chris Benard

Drew Barnes wrote:

smime.p7s (3.17 KB)

Chris Benard wrote:

They are all superuser. Only we in IT are the ones who actually log
into the interface. I’ve rigged up a web submission system for
everyone else through a web form via email.

I think I just found the solution, although strange. I went into
groups, and then into Staff, and the only users who were showing up
were the ones in the staff group.

I’m not sure why that’s required since we’re all superusers, but that
seems to have fixed it. This was not required in RT 3.0.6, which is
what I upgraded from to 3.4.2(doing make upgrade and upgrading the
schema etc for each newer version).

As I recall, in 3.4.x the superuser right no longer allows ticket
ownership inherently, to keep root and other accounts like that from
being ticket owners. The reason adding other users to the staff group
worked is likely to be the OwnTicket right assigned to that group.

Glad you got it working.

Thanks,
Chris Benard

Drew Barnes wrote:

Do the “missing” users have OwnTicket rights on that queue?

Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst
Raymond Walters College
University of Cincinnati