RT::Extension::PriorityAsString Help Request (Comple & Configuration)

Hello,

I’m in the process of installing & implementing the extension “RT::Extension::PriorityAsString”.

My first issue is with the “make” Can anyone tell me if this compile was successful? (please
note the “Warning” although RT 3.8.8 is in fact installed and working for us):

perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/rt/perl
Using RT configuration from /rt/perl/lib/RT.pm:
./html => /rt/perl/html
./lib => /rt/perl/lib
Checking if your kit is complete…
Looks good
Warning: prerequisite RT 3.8.3 not found.
Writing Makefile for RT::Extension::PriorityAsString
[rtracker@ithelpdesk RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-0.03]$ make
cp lib/RT/Extension/PriorityAsString.pm blib/lib/RT/Extension/PriorityAsString.pm
Manifying blib/man3/RT::Extension::PriorityAsString.3pm
[rtracker@ithelpdesk RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-0.03]$ make install
Installing /rt/perl/lib/RT/Extension/PriorityAsString.pm
Installing /rt/perl/man/man3/RT::Extension::PriorityAsString.3pm
Appending installation info to /rt/perl/lib/perllocal.pod
Installing /rt/perl/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowPriority
Installing /rt/perl/html/Elements/SelectPriority
Installing /rt/perl/html/Callbacks/PriorityAsString/Elements/RT__Ticket/ColumnMap/Once

I’ve gone ahead and added the following lines to our “RT_SiteConfig.pm” file:

Set(@Plugins, qw(… RT::Extension::PriorityAsString …));
Set(%PriorityAsString, (Low => 0, Medium => 50, High => 100));
Set(@PriorityAsStringOrder, qw(Low Medium High));

I’ve restarted the web server as instructed but I’m not seeing any indication
that the number priorities are now strings.

I’m thinking here that the non-standard “/rt” installation directory might be
the issue but not sure where to look to make this work.

One other “non-standard” location is the path for “RT_SiteConfig.pm” and other
associated files, they live in “/rt/app/etc”:

[rtracker@ithelpdesk etc]$ pwd
/rt/app/etc
[rtracker@ithelpdesk etc]$ ls

acl.Informix acl.Oracle acl.Sybase RT_Config.pm schema.Informix schema.mysql-4.1 schema.Pg schema.Sybase
acl.mysql acl.Pg initialdata RT_SiteConfig.pm schema.mysql-4.0 schema.Oracle schema.SQLite

Can anyone offer suggestions for how to troubleshoot?

Thank you!,

Brian

[cid:image001.jpg@01CB817A.E454B160]
Brian Thompson
Senior Unix Systems Administrator

Trident Microsystems, Inc.
1170 Kifer Road, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-5303
phone 408-962-5314
email brian.thompson@tridentmicro.commailto:paul.hofman@tridentmicro.com

Hello,

I’m in the process of installing & implementing the extension
“RT::Extension::PriorityAsString”.

My first issue is with the “make” Can anyone tell me if this compile was successful? (please

./html => /rt/perl/html
./lib => /rt/perl/lib

Using PREFIX like that has caused your extension to be installed in a
completely nonstandard location.

It should print something like
./html => /rt/perl/local/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/html

This looks like you’ve clobbered the shipped versions of those files.

A better way to install a plugin is as follows.

perl Makefile.PL - answer the prompt it gives, or run
RTHOME=/rt/perl perl Makefile.PL
and see if it installs correctly

-kevin

Thank you Kevin! Tried installing per your recommendation (looks likes it put files in their correct locations!) but I’m still not seeing a change in RT behavior (removed the “obj” directory and stopped/restarted the web server per instructions). Here’s the “make” output (anything obvious here?):

[rtracker@ithelpdesk RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-0.03]$ perl Makefile.PL

find the location of RT.pm that defines $RT::LocalPath in: inc /rt/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib/perl5 /rt/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 . /opt/rt3/lib /opt/lib/rt3 /opt/lib /usr/local/rt3/lib /usr/local/lib/rt3 /usr/local/lib /home/rt3/lib /home/lib/rt3 /home/lib /usr/rt3/lib /usr/lib/rt3 /usr/lib /sw/rt3/lib /sw/lib/rt3 /sw/lib /rt/perl /rt/perl/rt3/lib /rt/perl/lib/rt3 /rt/perl/lib
Path to your RT.pm: /rt/app/lib

Using RT configuration from /rt/app/lib/RT.pm:
./html => /rt/app/local/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/html
./lib => /rt/app/local/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/lib

Looks good
[rtracker@ithelpdesk RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-0.03]$

Thank you!

<–Brian–>From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 4:18 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT::Extension::PriorityAsString Help Request (Comple & Configuration)

Hello,

./html => /rt/perl/html
./lib => /rt/perl/lib

Using PREFIX like that has caused your extension to be installed in a completely nonstandard location.

perl Makefile.PL - answer the prompt it gives, or run RTHOME=/rt/perl perl Makefile.PL and see if it installs correctly

-kevin

Hi,

Still stuck making this work. I believe my latest compilation via make is now correct (per Kevin’s advice) however I’m not seeing any “priority as a string” functionality. Does anyone have this working at their site? If so, did anything beyond the instructions below need to be done?:

Thank you!

<–Brian–>From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Brian Thompson
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2010 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT::Extension::PriorityAsString Help Request (Compile & Configuration)

Thank you Kevin! Tried installing per your recommendation (looks likes it put files in their correct locations!) but I’m still not seeing a change in RT behavior (removed the “obj” directory and stopped/restarted the web server per instructions). Here’s the “make” output (anything obvious here?):

[rtracker@ithelpdesk RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-0.03]$ perl Makefile.PL

find the location of RT.pm that defines $RT::LocalPath in: inc /rt/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib/perl5 /rt/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /rt/perl/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 . /opt/rt3/lib /opt/lib/rt3 /opt/lib /usr/local/rt3/lib /usr/local/lib/rt3 /usr/local/lib /home/rt3/lib /home/lib/rt3 /home/lib /usr/rt3/lib /usr/lib/rt3 /usr/lib /sw/rt3/lib /sw/lib/rt3 /sw/lib /rt/perl /rt/perl/rt3/lib /rt/perl/lib/rt3 /rt/perl/lib
Path to your RT.pm: /rt/app/lib

Using RT configuration from /rt/app/lib/RT.pm:
./html => /rt/app/local/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/html
./lib => /rt/app/local/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/lib

Looks good
[rtracker@ithelpdesk RT-Extension-PriorityAsString-0.03]$

Thank you!

<–Brian–>

From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT::Extension::PriorityAsString Help Request (Compile & Configuration)

Hello,

./html => /rt/perl/html
./lib => /rt/perl/lib

Using PREFIX like that has caused your extension to be installed in a completely nonstandard location.

perl Makefile.PL - answer the prompt it gives, or run RTHOME=/rt/perl perl Makefile.PL and see if it installs correctly

-kevin

Still stuck making this work. I believe my latest compilation via
make is now correct (per Kevin’s advice) however I’m not seeing any
“priority as a string” functionality. Does anyone have this working
at their site? If so, did anything beyond the instructions below
need to be done?:

RT::Extension::PriorityAsString - show priorities in RT as strings instead of numbers - metacpan.org

Followed those directions exactly against a vanilla rt3.8.8 install
and it works fine (see screenshot). I suspect something to do with
your unusual installation structure or your previous install which
clobbered some installed files.

-kevin

Thank you Kevin. I backed out to a pristine copy of our running RT and reinstalled the Extension to no avail (must be our non-standard installation structure as you suggest, something I inherited I’m afraid…).

Thanks again!,

<–Brian–>-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT::Extension::PriorityAsString Help Request (Comple & Configuration)

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 08:28:52AM -0800, Brian Thompson wrote:

at their site? If so, did anything beyond the instructions below need
to be done?:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/lib/RT/Exten
sion/PriorityAsString.pm#INSTALLATION

Followed those directions exactly against a vanilla rt3.8.8 install and it works fine (see screenshot). I suspect something to do with your unusual installation structure or your previous install which clobbered some installed files.

-kevin

Are you on RT 3.8.3 or newer?

Regards, Ruslan. From phone.
2010 11 16 20:37 пользователь “Brian Thompson” <
Brian.Thompson@tridentmicro.com> написал:

Thank you Kevin. I backed out to a pristine copy of our running RT and
reinstalled the Extension to no avail (must be our non-standard installation
structure as you suggest, something I inherited I’m afraid…).

Thanks again!,

<–Brian–>

-----Original Message-----
rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT::Extension::PriorityAsString Help Request
(Comple & Configuration)

at their site? If so, did anything beyond the instructions below need
to be done?:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/lib/RT/Exten
sion/PriorityAsString.pm#INSTALLATION

Followed those directions exactly against a vanilla rt3.8.8 install and it
works fine (see screenshot). I suspect something to do with your unusual
installation structure or your previous install which clobbered some
installed files.

We’re running 3.8.8.

Thanks,

BrianFrom: ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Ruslan Zakirov
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:50 AM
To: Brian Thompson
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com

Are you on RT 3.8.3 or newer?

Regards, Ruslan. From phone.

Hi,

We’re running RT 3.8.8 and find that some “Traditional Chinese” characters are not being displayed correctly (Simplified Chinese are okay). Has anyone had this experience and been able to overcome?

Thank you,

Brian

Hi,

We’re running RT 3.8.8 and find that some “Traditional Chinese” characters are not being displayed correctly (Simplified Chinese are okay). Has anyone had this experience and been able to overcome?

RT should be working just fine with Traditional Chinese. Heck, I believe there are specific tests for it in our test suite. The most typical failure mode I can think of would be “using fonts without traditional glyphs in them”

-Jesse

Jesse,

What do you mean by “using fonts without traditional glyphs in them”? What we’re seeing are square boxes in place of some of the characters. Would that be a symptom of the font issue? Can you please point us to an example of a Traditional Chinese font that should work with RT so we can test? Is the test suite available to the public or just Best Practical customers?

Thank you!,

BrianFrom: Jesse Vincent [mailto:jesse@bestpractical.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:10 PM
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT & Chinese Characters?

Hi,

RT should be working just fine with Traditional Chinese. Heck, I believe there are specific tests for it in our test suite. The most typical failure mode I can think of would be “using fonts without traditional glyphs in them”

-Jesse

Thank you,

Brian

What do you mean by “using fonts without traditional glyphs in them”? What we’re seeing are square boxes in place of some of the characters. Would that be a symptom of the font issue? Can you please point us to an example of a

That’s the normal symptom of a font not having the glyph for the specified character.

Thank you for the confirmation. Follow-up question if you know: How might an organization ensure that users of Chinese Traditional characters always use a font that works with RT?-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Vick Khera
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 9:24 AM
To: RT Users

On Nov 19, 2010, at 12:19 PM, Brian Thompson wrote:

What do you mean by “using fonts without traditional glyphs in them”? What we’re seeing are square boxes in place of some of the characters. Would that be a symptom of the font issue? Can you please point us to an example of a

That’s the normal symptom of a font not having the glyph for the specified character.

Thank you for the confirmation. Follow-up question if you know: How might an organization ensure that users of Chinese Traditional characters always use a font that works with RT?

That’s a platform-dependent question. It might be that you need to install the relevant language support for your platform. I recall this being an issue on some installs of Windows XP.

Is there a list of Chinese Traditional fonts that work with RT available so that we can make sure we’re using one that works?

Thanks!,

Brian-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 9:47 AM
Cc: Vick Khera; RT Users

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 09:45:15AM -0800, Brian Thompson wrote:

Thank you for the confirmation. Follow-up question if you know: How might an organization ensure that users of Chinese Traditional characters always use a font that works with RT?

That’s a platform-dependent question. It might be that you need to install the relevant language support for your platform. I recall this being an issue on some installs of Windows XP.

I work with Brian at Trident Microsystems. The followings are the examples of our issues. Hopefully, with the screen shots you would be able to see the issues more clearly and could point us to the right direction to solve this issue. Thanks.

the list of characters you sent in this email all showed on my mac mail reader (I did not feed them into RT). i’d recommend finding out what font outlook is using, and arrange for RT to use that font as well, as it has the glyphs you want to show.

It sure looks like a bug - probably related to the encoding it’s being sent in.

http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=16079&user=guest&pass=guest

I’ve dropped it into the bug tracker.

Best,
JesseOn Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:37:19PM -0800, Vivian Lee wrote:

Hi,

I work with Brian at Trident Microsystems. The followings are the examples of our issues. Hopefully, with the screen shots you would be able to see the issues more clearly and could point us to the right direction to solve this issue. Thanks.

These are the Chinese characters sent from Outlook email to RT:

法新社倫敦11日電) 交易商說,在供應吃緊、需求預期會增加的帶動下,世界原油價格今天逼近每桶90美元。這是世界油價兩年多來首度逼近這個價位。

倫敦北海布侖特原油12月交割價一度攀上每桶89.70美元,為兩年來最高價位,並是2008年10月以來首度逼近90美元關卡。

這項期貨後來回跌至89.47美元,但仍較昨天收盤價上漲51美分。

This is how they are displayed in RT:

[cid:image001.png@01CB8B0A.6B836C60]

As you can see some Chinese characters are shown in boxes and special characters. We have done some testing and it seems that Simplified Chinese characters are ok. Only the Traditional Chinese characters are having issues.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vivian

Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 9:53 AM
To: Jesse Vincent
Subject: RE: [rt-users] RT & Chinese Characters?

Is there a list of Chinese Traditional fonts that work with RT available so that we can make sure we’re using one that works?

Thanks!,

Brian

Hi vivian

the charset of the email from outlook is set to “gb2312”, which only contains
simplified chinese characters, if you want to use traditional chinese too,
you need to set the outgoing charset to “utf8” or at least “gbk” in outlook.

best wishes
sunnavyOn 10-11-23 12:37, Vivian Lee wrote:

Hi,

These are the Chinese characters sent from Outlook email to RT:

法新社倫敦11日電) 交易商說,在供應吃緊、需求預期會增加的帶動下,世界原油價格今天逼近每桶90美元。這是世界油價兩年多來首度逼近這個價位。

倫敦北海布侖特原油12月交割價一度攀上每桶89.70美元,為兩年來最高價位,並是2008年10月以來首度逼近90美元關卡。

這項期貨後來回跌至89.47美元,但仍較昨天收盤價上漲51美分。

This is how they are displayed in RT:

[cid:image001.png@01CB8B0A.6B836C60]

As you can see some Chinese characters are shown in boxes and special characters. We have done some testing and it seems that Simplified Chinese characters are ok. Only the Traditional Chinese characters are having issues.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vivian

Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 9:53 AM
To: Jesse Vincent
Subject: RE: [rt-users] RT & Chinese Characters?

Thanks!,

Brian

I changed to Unicode(UTF-8) and that seems to do the trick. Thanks!

VivianFrom: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of sunnavy
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:19 PM

Hi vivian

the charset of the email from outlook is set to “gb2312”, which only contains
simplified chinese characters, if you want to use traditional chinese too,
you need to set the outgoing charset to “utf8” or at least “gbk” in outlook.

best wishes
sunnavy