RT development environment set up

As I am currently looking at making some customizations to the create and update pages, I am wondering if someone can provide input about the set up of an RT dev environment? I have a complete system I can do the work on and I am wondering what IDE would be recommended and any other advice people have.

I have been reading up on customizations and had made most if my changes win either KWRite or vi/nano up to this point.

Thanks,
Jim Lesinski

As I am currently looking at making some customizations to the create and update pages, I am wondering if someone can provide input about the set up of an RT dev environment? I have a complete system I can do the work on and I am wondering what IDE would be recommended and any other advice people have.

I don’t use an IDE for messing about with RT - I don’t know of one that can handle Mason, so there’s not much point.

I do most of my editing of mason components using Vim, because its syntax highlighting for Mason seems pretty good.

I have been reading up on customizations and had made most if my changes win either KWRite or vi/nano up to this point.

Very occasionally I run the standalone web server form of RT in a perldb session inside emacs, but that only really works for debugging the perl modules, not the mason components.

Tim

The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research
Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a
company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered
office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.