RT daytabase initialization problem

It has been a struggle (for some reason) butI have RT 3.0.4 installed on my
RH8 system. I using mySQL 4.0.14 and Apache 1.3.28.

When I rub the “make initialize-database” I get this:
/usr/bin/perl: relocation error:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so:
undefined symbol: mysql_init
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 127

Any ideas???

Most anything is easy after you’ve done it successfully a few times

Leon Sonntag
Innovative Web Applications
leon at iwa-solutions dot com

Your DBD::mysql is broken. It’s not linking to libmysqlclient.so. This
isn’t an RT issue… but the stuff to try first:

  • ‘locate libmysqlclient.so’
  • make sure its path is in /etc/ld.so.conf
  • re-run /sbin/ldconfig (as root)

Didn’t DBD::mysql fail the ‘make test’?

Adam Hooper
adamh@densi.com

Leon Sonntag wrote:

At 03:20 PM 9/8/2003 -0400, Adam Hooper wrote:

Your DBD::mysql is broken. It’s not linking to libmysqlclient.so. This
isn’t an RT issue… but the stuff to try first:

  • ‘locate libmysqlclient.so’
  • make sure its path is in /etc/ld.so.conf
  • re-run /sbin/ldconfig (as root)

Thanks for the suggestions…Unfortunately, it didn’t stop OR change the
error message. And this is even after compiling mySQL from a source
tarball. Any suggestions on redoing mySQL?

Didn’t DBD::mysql fail the ‘make test’?

No, It found 2.1018 that’s what is so mystifying !@#$


Adam Hooper
adamh@densi.com

Leon Sonntag wrote:

It has been a struggle (for some reason) butI have RT 3.0.4 installed on
my RH8 system. I using mySQL 4.0.14 and Apache 1.3.28.
When I rub the “make initialize-database” I get this:
/usr/bin/perl: relocation error:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so:
undefined symbol: mysql_init
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 127
Any ideas???

Most anything is easy after you’ve done it successfully a few times
Leon Sonntag
Innovative Web Applications
leon at iwa-solutions dot com


rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users
Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at http://fsck.com/rtfm

Most anything is easy after you’ve done it successfully a few times

Leon Sonntag
Innovative Web Applications
leon at iwa-solutions dot com

Leon Sonntag wrote:

At 03:20 PM 9/8/2003 -0400, Adam Hooper wrote:

Your DBD::mysql is broken. It’s not linking to libmysqlclient.so.
This isn’t an RT issue… but the stuff to try first:

  • ‘locate libmysqlclient.so’
  • make sure its path is in /etc/ld.so.conf
  • re-run /sbin/ldconfig (as root)

Thanks for the suggestions…Unfortunately, it didn’t stop OR change
the error message. And this is even after compiling mySQL from a
source tarball. Any suggestions on redoing mySQL?

Didn’t DBD::mysql fail the ‘make test’?

No, It found 2.1018 that’s what is so mystifying !@#$

As I have understood you upgrade your mysql, Apache instalation.
DBD::mysql driver partly writed in C couse of it you have to update its
instalation.
Also if you have upgraded perl you have to reinstall all perl modules.

PS: mysql client work fine?

At 01:29 PM 9/9/2003 +0400, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

Leon Sonntag wrote:

At 03:20 PM 9/8/2003 -0400, Adam Hooper wrote:

Your DBD::mysql is broken. It’s not linking to libmysqlclient.so. This
isn’t an RT issue… but the stuff to try first:

  • ‘locate libmysqlclient.so’
  • make sure its path is in /etc/ld.so.conf
  • re-run /sbin/ldconfig (as root)

Thanks for the suggestions…Unfortunately, it didn’t stop OR change the
error message. And this is even after compiling mySQL from a source
tarball. Any suggestions on redoing mySQL?

Didn’t DBD::mysql fail the ‘make test’?

No, It found 2.1018 that’s what is so mystifying !@#$

As I have understood you upgrade your mysql, Apache instalation.
DBD::mysql driver partly writed in C couse of it you have to update its
instalation.
Also if you have upgraded perl you have to reinstall all perl modules.

PS: mysql client work fine?

When you say “client”, I assume you mean mysql from the commandline. In
which case, yes it works just fine. I don’t know mysql very well yet so I
didn’t test very much. But I was able to connect to the server from the
commandline.

An interesting sidebar- When I try to re-install DBD::mysql


Adam Hooper
adamh@densi.com

Leon Sonntag wrote:

It has been a struggle (for some reason) butI have RT 3.0.4 installed
on my RH8 system. I using mySQL 4.0.14 and Apache 1.3.28.
When I rub the “make initialize-database” I get this:
/usr/bin/perl: relocation error:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so:
undefined symbol: mysql_init
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 127
Any ideas???

Most anything is easy after you’ve done it successfully a few times

Leon Sonntag
Innovative Web Applications
leon at iwa-solutions dot com