RT cli tool diffculty with bulk steal

I am looking to change the owner of 3000 tickets from usera to userb. It
seems that ./rt take|untake|steal does not accept a request to read ids
from - that is this doesn’t work:
./rt -i ls owner=usera | ./rt steal -

The first problem is that steal|take|untake doesn’t like the explicit
notation ticket/ticket_id but rather prefers just a ticket_id. That’s easy
enough to work around - just nuke “ticket/”. The issue around not like "-"
indicating take parameters from is more of a hassle.

Suggestions?

thanks

./rt -i ls owner=usera | sed -e ‘s/ticket///’ | xargs -L 1 ./rt steal

or somesuch should get you close.

Might have to check your documentation for xargs to tell it how to only
run 1 command at a time, I think it varies between linux and BSD.On 11/11/2013 10:54 AM, Ram wrote:

I am looking to change the owner of 3000 tickets from usera to userb.
It seems that ./rt take|untake|steal does not accept a request to read
ids from - that is this doesn’t work:
./rt -i ls owner=usera | ./rt steal -

The first problem is that steal|take|untake doesn’t like the explicit
notation ticket/ticket_id but rather prefers just a ticket_id. That’s
easy enough to work around - just nuke “ticket/”. The issue around not
like “-” indicating take parameters from is more of a hassle.

Suggestions?

thanks

Jaye Mathisen, Lil Pantry
P:541-476-0152
F:541-476-0152

mrcpu.vcf (166 Bytes)

xargs -L 1 - yep that worked like charm!
thanks Jaye,
ramOn Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Jaye Mathisen mrcpu@lilpantry.com wrote:

./rt -i ls owner=usera | sed -e ‘s/ticket///’ | xargs -L 1 ./rt steal

or somesuch should get you close.

Might have to check your documentation for xargs to tell it how to only
run 1 command at a time, I think it varies between linux and BSD.

On 11/11/2013 10:54 AM, Ram wrote:

I am looking to change the owner of 3000 tickets from usera to userb. It
seems that ./rt take|untake|steal does not accept a request to read ids
from - that is this doesn’t work:
./rt -i ls owner=usera | ./rt steal -

The first problem is that steal|take|untake doesn’t like the explicit
notation ticket/ticket_id but rather prefers just a ticket_id. That’s easy
enough to work around - just nuke “ticket/”. The issue around not like “-”
indicating take parameters from is more of a hassle.

Suggestions?

thanks


Jaye Mathisen, Lil Pantry
P:541-476-0152
F:541-476-0152

One little piece of advice for the next person who might try to change
owners on that many messages. You will generate a ton of outbound email if
you have notify-owner on assign enabled.On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Ram ram0502@gmail.com wrote:

xargs -L 1 - yep that worked like charm!
thanks Jaye,
ram

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Jaye Mathisen mrcpu@lilpantry.comwrote:

./rt -i ls owner=usera | sed -e ‘s/ticket///’ | xargs -L 1 ./rt steal

or somesuch should get you close.

Might have to check your documentation for xargs to tell it how to only
run 1 command at a time, I think it varies between linux and BSD.

On 11/11/2013 10:54 AM, Ram wrote:

I am looking to change the owner of 3000 tickets from usera to userb. It
seems that ./rt take|untake|steal does not accept a request to read ids
from - that is this doesn’t work:
./rt -i ls owner=usera | ./rt steal -

The first problem is that steal|take|untake doesn’t like the explicit
notation ticket/ticket_id but rather prefers just a ticket_id. That’s easy
enough to work around - just nuke “ticket/”. The issue around not like “-”
indicating take parameters from is more of a hassle.

Suggestions?

thanks


Jaye Mathisen, Lil Pantry
P:541-476-0152
F:541-476-0152