RT 3.8.: Customize RT at a glance

Hi,

Is it possible to change the home page “title” displayed (RT at a Glance) to something like “Helpdesk Homepage” ?

Is it possible to change the RT 3.8 web console blue color, to some other color?

TIA,

Filipe

Portugal

i’m sure you can change all that stuff if you edit the raw html/perl stuff.

have a look in there and grep for “RT at a Glance” or whatever the spelling is for the string you want…

as for the color, it’s probably in the css somewhere if there is some (i’m guessing)

-gabe-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com]On Behalf Of Filipe José Silva Clemente
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 10:34 AM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] RT 3.8.: Customize RT at a glance

Hi,

Is it possible to change the home page “title” displayed (RT at a Glance) to something like “Helpdesk Homepage” ?

Is it possible to change the RT 3.8 web console blue color, to some other color?

TIA,

Filipe

Portugal

Felipe,

I edited my “RT at a glance” title by first copying the index.html file from /opt/rt3/share/html to /opt/rt3/local/html and then modifying it. You may need to create the /local/html directory if you haven’t before. In this file you will see on line 6 and line 81 (3.8.1) the text for “RT at a glance”. One line is for the title in the main body of the page and the other modifies the browser tab title. You can change it to whatever you like. I actually changed mine to pull the company name from the RT_Siteconfig file, so it reads " Company Name Request Tracker" I did this by inserting " [_1] Request Tracker" into lines 6 and 81 where “RT at a glance” used to be.

Thanks

SeanFrom: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Gabriel Cadieux
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 8:41 AM
To: Filipe José Silva Clemente; rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT 3.8.: Customize RT at a glance

have a look in there and grep for “RT at a Glance” or whatever the spelling is for the string you want…

as for the color, it’s probably in the css somewhere if there is some (i’m guessing)

-gabe

Also, in order to see the changes don’t forget to clear your Mason cache and restart apache.From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Sean McCreadie
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:58 PM
To: Gabriel Cadieux; Filipe José Silva Clemente; rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com

Felipe,

I edited my “RT at a glance” title by first copying the index.html file from /opt/rt3/share/html to /opt/rt3/local/html and then modifying it. You may need to create the /local/html directory if you haven’t before. In this file you will see on line 6 and line 81 (3.8.1) the text for “RT at a glance”. One line is for the title in the main body of the page and the other modifies the browser tab title. You can change it to whatever you like. I actually changed mine to pull the company name from the RT_Siteconfig file, so it reads " Company Name Request Tracker" I did this by inserting " [_1] Request Tracker" into lines 6 and 81 where “RT at a glance” used to be.

Thanks

Sean

From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Gabriel Cadieux
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 8:41 AM
To: Filipe José Silva Clemente; rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com

-gabe