we’re running RT 3.6.7 (Debian package) with a PostgreSQL 8.3 database
for our small operation. We are currently hitting problems that merged
tickets are extremely slow to display. I have one ticket here that got
merged out of about 10 tickets (some customers don’t understand that
they have to hit reply) and it takes more than 15 minutes to display.
I’ve enabled slow query logging (>250ms) in PostgreSQL, but no query
shows up. The machine is pretty much idle during the loading time, both
apache2 and postgres don’t go over 2% CPU, and there is no I/O load.
Displaying a simple ticket that got merged out of two tickets with five
comments in total took 81 seconds, during this time RT displayed the
Sep 14 14:52:39 svr01 RT: We found a merged ticket.6591/6599
313 times. Large tickets with dozens of entries that did not get merged
are displayed within seconds.
I’ve found a few references to this problem here on the ML, but only
with older RT versions or MySQL.