Reset a single user's Search Options

I have a user whose profile, for some reason, hasn’t picked up the global search options I defined in RT_SiteConfig. I can’t figure out how to reset her search options, and I’m unable to add the CustomField I want to her options either.

This thread from 2008 has some code to add/change to the SearchOptions.html page, but I’m not a developer and I’m not sure if the hotfix is still relevant (and even if it was, I wouldn’t know how to apply it).

Surely there’s a way to do this without altering RT’s default html?

The other weird thing is that only one of the custom fields I’ve defined can be added to the user’s Search Preferences. Is there a specific property I should be setting to ensure Custom Fields can be added by users to their Search Preferences?

Such things are stored in RT’s Attributes table. You can find all of a user’s attributes using the following bit of SQL:

select a.* from Attributes a, Users u where a.ObjectId = u.id and u.Name = 'fred';

To actually inspect the attributes, you can use /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-attributes viewer with the id of the attribute you’re after.

Once you find the prefererence or saved search that’s the problem, I think you can safely delete it from the Attributes table.

Excellent - this worked perfectly. Thanks!