Request

Hello,

PLease i have been trying to install request tracker on my ubuntu 12.04 since four weeks ago with no major headways, i have been stocked at different junctions.Now that i have been able to join rtusers, can any one give an a-z easy to follow installation guide to any rt version for ubuntu 12.04.i am a complete novice to ubuntu,and i am not a programmer.please any help is welcomed.

Thanks

Hello,

PLease i have been trying to install request tracker on my ubuntu 12.04 since four weeks ago with no major headways, i have been stocked at different junctions.Now that i have been able to join rtusers, can any one give an a-z easy to follow installation guide to any rt version for ubuntu 12.04.i am a complete novice to ubuntu,and i am not a programmer.please any help is welcomed.

Thanks

Hi Yetomiwa,

There is a README file in the distribution that describes the installation
process. It is pretty straight-forward, but as a novice you may want to see
it Ubuntu has a prepacked distribution of RT available.

Regards,
Ken

Am Sun, 6 Jan 2013 09:38:26 +0000 (GMT)
schrieb Yetomiwa Jabar teejabar@rocketmail.com:

Hello,

PLease i have been trying to install request tracker on my ubuntu
12.04 since four weeks ago with no major headways, i have been
stocked at different junctions.Now that i have been able to join
rtusers, can any one give an a-z easy to follow installation guide to
any rt version for ubuntu 12.04.i am a complete novice to ubuntu,and
i am not a programmer.please any help is welcomed.

Hi,

which OS are you familiar with?
Being a novice to RT and to the underlying OS is not a good start…

Rainer

There is a prepackaged version for Ubuntu on the repository, but it’s a pain to upgrade.

You’re an Ubuntu novice? Any other preferred *nix os? (If you’re running it under a Windows VM, I’d suggest CentOS instead.)

There are some instructions for doing a fresh install under Ubuntu (and others) on the wiki.
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/InstallationGuides
With all the different setups out there, there is no one true a-z install guide that will work for everybody. Just read a few and try it out.

Jourdan Perla
University of California, DavisFrom: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] on behalf of Yetomiwa Jabar [teejabar@rocketmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2013 01:38 AM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] request

Hello,

Thanks

please i have been trying to install rt, but it seems i cant install Calender::Simple.
I have tried installing fron CPAN, apt-get, but still none seems to work.please what else can use?

please i have been trying to install rt, but it seems i cant install
Calender::Simple.
I have tried installing fron CPAN, apt-get, but still none seems to
work.please what else can use?

Calendar::Simple is only required on RT 3.8.x. Why are you install 3.8
for a new install when you could be using 4.0.x?