Reply problems

hi list,

reading the documentation and digging through the archives was no help for
my problem.
maybe anybody of you rt-cracks can help ?

i’m using rt 2.0.13 with sendmail on a SuSE 7.3 box.

my problem :

i write a reply on an existing ticket and enter an additional e-mailaddress
into the CC: (Sends a carbon-copy of this update…).
Update Type is set to “response sent to requestors”.
when i click on the submit button, the requestor recieves his reply, the
recipient specified manually in CC field doesn’t, nor does the CC specified
as ticket-watcher.

the mail-log just reports the following :

Apr 24 15:57:04 laplace sendmail[17151]: g3ODv4517151: from=wwwrun,
size=1167, class=-60, nrcpts=1,
msgid=rt-77-352.10.4590448112565@domain.com, relay=www@localhost
Apr 24 15:57:05 laplace sendmail[17153]: g3ODv4517151:
to=a_wahlfeldt@freenet.de, ctladdr=wwwrun (30/65534), delay=00:00:01,
xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=esmtp, pri=229167, relay=mx.freenet.de.
[194.97.50.136], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (OK id=170OLS-0006du-0

to me this looks like rt hasn’t even tried to send anything to the CCs.

i’ve put up the following scips :

OnCorrespond NotifyAdminCcs with template test responder
OnCorrespond NotifyOtherRecipients with template test responder
OnCorrespond NotifyRequestors with template test responder

anything wrong here ???

any help would be greatly appreciated.

andreas wahlfeldt
subshell GmbH
Weidenallee 1
20357 Hamburg

Andreas Wahlfeldt wrote:

when i click on the submit button, the requestor recieves his reply, the
recipient specified manually in CC field doesn’t, nor does the CC specified
as ticket-watcher.

OnCorrespond NotifyAdminCcs with template test responder
OnCorrespond NotifyOtherRecipients with template test responder
OnCorrespond NotifyRequestors with template test responder

There’s no scrip there set to notify the “watcher” CC.
You probably want to replace this with something like

OnCorrespond NotifyAllWatchers with template test responder
OnCorrespond NotifyOtherRecipients with template test responder

As to why the manually-specified CC doesn’t receive anything,
I can’t explain. Maybe there’s some permissions thing getting
in the way? Does the RT log show anything?

Andreas Wahlfeldt wrote:

when i click on the submit button, the requestor recieves his reply, the
recipient specified manually in CC field doesn’t, nor does the CC
specified

as ticket-watcher.

OnCorrespond NotifyAdminCcs with template test responder
OnCorrespond NotifyOtherRecipients with template test responder
OnCorrespond NotifyRequestors with template test responder

Phil Homewood wrote:
There’s no scrip there set to notify the “watcher” CC.
You probably want to replace this with something like

OnCorrespond NotifyAllWatchers with template test responder
OnCorrespond NotifyOtherRecipients with template test responder

As to why the manually-specified CC doesn’t receive anything,
I can’t explain. Maybe there’s some permissions thing getting
in the way? Does the RT log show anything?

hi phil,
hi all,

thanx for trying to help, though it didn’t help (yet).
no matter which scrips i put up, no mail is sent to the recipient specified
manually in CC field or any other ticket-watcher (except for the requestor).
nothing in rt- or mail-logs

BUT

a moment ago i found out (of course by accident) that being logged in as
root, everthing works fine.

puzzeld

seems to be an permission_thing ™ though my none root user has all
available rt-rights.

still any help/hint is highly appreciated.

andreas wahlfeldt
subshell GmbH
Weidenallee 1
20357 Hamburg

PS : my boss loves the manager extension. many thanx to
stephen.gower@wolfson.oxford.ac.uk

Andreas Wahlfeldt wrote:

a moment ago i found out (of course by accident) that being logged in as
root, everthing works fine.

Let me guess:

http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=5#73