Questions about JSGantt Plugin for RT

I’m kind of caught in the middle of an issue witht he JSGantt chart plug in here at work. Our Service Dept has started using the Gantt chart to get a feel for how tickets are being resolved, but the data always looks funny. After some tinkering with the settings in my RT_SiteConfig.pm file, I decided to check the code on how it is calculating the date ranges. Some of the code looks funny to me, but I also do not fully understand (nor will anyone here) explain how a Gantt chart gets created.

I was trying to contact/suggest a change on GitHub but I can’t seem to find the link.

Does anyone here know anything about this plug in or who I would contact with questions? My primary question is about the _GetTimeRange function.

Thank you in advance!

Steve Cena
sjc@qvii.com
585-544-0450 x300

I’m kind of caught in the middle of an issue witht he JSGantt chart
plug in here at work. Our Service Dept has started using the Gantt
chart to get a feel for how tickets are being resolved, but the data
always looks funny. After some tinkering with the settings in my
RT_SiteConfig.pm file, I decided to check the code on how it is
calculating the date ranges. Some of the code looks funny to me, but I
also do not fully understand (nor will anyone here) explain how a
Gantt chart gets created.

I’m not sure what you mean by “nor will anyone here explain how a
gantt chart gets created”. I see no questions from your with a
subject containing Gantt other than this question and I keep a 2 year
archive of the list. You do ask a lot of questions, so it may have
been lost.

I was trying to contact/suggest a change on GitHub but I can’t seem to find the link.

Does anyone here know anything about this plug in or who I would contact with questions? My primary question is about the _GetTimeRange function.

You should just ask your question here or on rt-devel. JSGantt is
written by Best Practical so if a relevant engineer has time they can
answer a specific question about that function.

-kevin

Kevin - Thanks:

When we run the Gantt chart, every ticket is coming out to the default day length, 7. I edited the JSGantt.pm file to add some debugging output. They we assuming that the dates would be when the ticket was opened and then last resolved. Based on how _GetTimeRange operates, we never get an “end date” so it always defaults. Is the way the duration is calculated in _GetTimeRange how a Gantt chart is made? Is there a reason as to why those are the criteria for the duration calculation? As I said, Gantt charts are foreign to me & I’ve been too busy to do any research on them. It may very well be that we’re looking for something specific & not an error in the plug in at all.

Steve

To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Questions about JSGantt Plugin for RT
Message-ID: 20140109162814.GJ2259@jibsheet.com
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=“us-ascii”

I’m kind of caught in the middle of an issue witht he JSGantt chart
plug in here at work. Our Service Dept has started using the Gantt
chart to get a feel for how tickets are being resolved, but the data
always looks funny. After some tinkering with the settings in my
RT_SiteConfig.pm file, I decided to check the code on how it is
calculating the date ranges. Some of the code looks funny to me, but I
also do not fully understand (nor will anyone here) explain how a
Gantt chart gets created.

I’m not sure what you mean by “nor will anyone here explain how a gantt chart gets created”. I see no questions from your with a subject containing Gantt other than this question and I keep a 2 year archive of the list. You do ask a lot of questions, so it may have been lost.

You should just ask your question here or on rt-devel. JSGantt is written by Best Practical so if a relevant engineer has time they can answer a specific question about that function.

-kevin