Question about Article searches

Hi!

This may be a dumb question, but i am honestly exhausted trying to figure this out. In my Articles I have set up a field for content, where most of the interesting stuff is written down. The quick search field up to the right when you’re browsing articles, it searches title and description but not these custom fields. Can I add my fields to this quick search?

I have been using RT for a long time, but this is one thing that’s bugged me. And I’ve been doing all the research I can think of to shed some light on this, but it doesn’t seem to be something most users are conserned with?

Emil

Oh, and in keeping with best pratices i should ofcourse tell you something about my environment. Totally forgot, sorry :slight_smile: I’ve been using v3 for a long time, and I’m currently trying out 4.0.2 and that’s why I’m looking into this again. I’ve found Googleish from 2008, is this the right track to get wikifield-quicksearch going?

Emil

Hi!

This may be a dumb question, but i am honestly exhausted trying to figure this out. In my Articles I have set up a field for content, where most of the interesting stuff is written down. The quick search field up to the right when you’re browsing articles, it searches title and description but not these custom fields. Can I add my fields to this quick search?

I have been using RT for a long time, but this is one thing that’s bugged me. And I’ve been doing all the research I can think of to shed some light on this, but it doesn’t seem to be something most users are conserned with?

Emil

Oh, and in keeping with best pratices i should ofcourse tell you something about my
environment. Totally forgot, sorry J I’ve been using v3 for a long time, and I’m currently
trying out 4.0.2 and that’s why I’m looking into this again. I’ve found Googleish from 2008,
is this the right track to get wikifield-quicksearch going?

Googleish (renamed to Simple) is RT’s Ticket Searching mechanism.
Unlikely to help with Articles.

This may be a dumb question, but i am honestly exhausted trying to figure this out. In my
Articles I have set up a field for content, where most of the interesting stuff is written
down. The quick search field up to the right when you’re browsing articles, it searches title
and description but not these custom fields. Can I add my fields to this quick search?

The quick search just submits the search form for you, with a shortcut
into the Name and Description. If you use some JS or something else
to also set Article~ or Content~ it should do what you want.

-kevin

Thank you, Kevin for your answer.
I have tried to look into the code, and I had a feeling it should be “as simple” as that. Unfortunately, the simplest things for you pro’s is a real headscratcher for the rest of us. Do you have any clues as to how I can make this modification?

I try to figure stuff out as much as possible myself, but on this thing I’m really lost…

Emil

-----Opprinnelig melding-----Fra: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] På vegne av Kevin Falcone
Sendt: 3. mars 2014 20:31
Til: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Emne: Re: [rt-users] Question about Article searches

Oh, and in keeping with best pratices i should ofcourse tell you something about my
environment. Totally forgot, sorry J I’ve been using v3 for a long time, and I’m currently
trying out 4.0.2 and that’s why I’m looking into this again. I’ve found Googleish from 2008,
is this the right track to get wikifield-quicksearch going?

Googleish (renamed to Simple) is RT’s Ticket Searching mechanism.
Unlikely to help with Articles.

This may be a dumb question, but i am honestly exhausted trying to figure this out. In my
Articles I have set up a field for content, where most of the interesting stuff is written
down. The quick search field up to the right when you’re browsing articles, it searches title
and description but not these custom fields. Can I add my fields to this quick search?

The quick search just submits the search form for you, with a shortcut into the Name and Description. If you use some JS or something else to also set Article~ or Content~ it should do what you want.

-kevin