Problems with rt-serializer

Hi!

we have a quite large RT 4.2 instance (about 600000 ticket, 4.2 milion attachments, 60 GB mysql db file)
We thought it would be a good idea to move to a new server and RT 4.4 with rt-serializer so I started
for a test over the weekend. My options were “/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-serializer -acls --scrips” and I regulary shredder deleted tickets.

The result is depressing:
Tickets: 100%
Transactions: 1%
Attachments: 0%
Users: 71%
Groups: 4%
Total : 4%
Elapsed time: 64hr 34min
Estimated left: 1243hr 56min

Any chance to speed this up?

Another problem is before I started I ran “/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-validator --check --verbose --resolve --force”, but nevertheless I have about 200 entries in the serializer.log like

[29029] [Mon Sep 10 06:52:29 2018] [warning]: out from RT::Transaction-desy.de-foo to RT::Queue=HASH(0x2…) is an invalid reference at /opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/DependencyWalker.pm line 288. (/opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/DependencyWalker.pm:288)
[29029] [Mon Sep 10 06:52:29 2018] [warning]: out from RT::Transaction-desy.de-foo to RT::Queue=HASH(0x2…) is an invalid reference at /opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/DependencyWalker.pm line 197. (/opt/rt4/sbin/…/lib/RT/DependencyWalker.pm:197)

Not only for RT::Transaction also for
RT::ACE-desy.de
RT::Attribute-desy.de
RT::Class-desy.de
RT::Scrip-desy.de

is this a a problem?

best regards

i tried it now with rt-serializer --clone, and the result was
1h 45m. :crazy_face:

this 747 times faster. just because the dependency walker ist not enabled?
I thought the validator will do the same at also needs only 1 or 2h

There have been some changes to rt-validator and rt-serializer recently. Try to download and use the new versions, maybe it helps.

git clone https://github.com/bestpractical/rt.git
cd rt
git branch -l -a
git checkout -b validator remotes/origin/4.4/validator-create-missing-ticket-role-groups
git merge remotes/origin/4.4/validator-delete-more-dangling-txns
autoconf
perl Makefile.pl

Then copy the rt-serializer and rt-validator from sbin directory to your installation. Of course you’ll have to comment some checks that are not suitable for 4.2 (roles checks). It also depends on the number of processors and little bit of memory of your server.