No permission to display that ticket

Hi,

I have a non-privelaged test_user… when I create a ticket with that
account I get the error “No permission to display that ticket.”

However, I have given the Requestor group “ShowTicket”

Here’s the section of /WebRT/data/obj/standard/SelfService/Display.html
that generates the error…

unless
(
$session{‘CurrentUser’}->HasQueueRight
(
TicketObj => $Ticket,
Right => ‘ShowTicket’
)
)
{
$m->comp
(
‘Error.html’,
Why => “No permission to display that ticket”
);
$m->abort();
}

Thanks,
Phil R Lawrence

Phil R Lawrence wrote:

Hi,

I have a non-privelaged test_user… when I create a ticket with that
account I get the error “No permission to display that ticket.”

My bad. I had put in an unrecognized email address under Requestors!
The actual email address of the test_user worked fine.

This does prompt a question, though. I put a call to $RT::Logger->debug
into ./lib/RT/User.pm – but nothing in /var/log/rt2 changed! Where is
the output from this method?

Thanks,
Phil

Phil

in your config.pm file there is a LogToFile variable. If it is set to error
then only errors are logged to a file, if it is set to debug then errors
and debug messages are logged. (at least that is my understanding, right list?)

HTH
John
At 11:13 AM 3/3/2003, you wrote:

Phil R Lawrence wrote:

Hi,
I have a non-privelaged test_user… when I create a ticket with that
account I get the error “No permission to display that ticket.”

My bad. I had put in an unrecognized email address under Requestors! The
actual email address of the test_user worked fine.

This does prompt a question, though. I put a call to $RT::Logger->debug
into ./lib/RT/User.pm – but nothing in /var/log/rt2 changed! Where is
the output from this method?

Thanks,
Phil


rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at http://fsck.com/rtfm

<>< Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on
your own understanding;”

John Gedeon wrote:

in your config.pm file there is a LogToFile variable. If it is set to error
then only errors are logged to a file, if it is set to debug then errors
and debug messages are logged. (at least that is my understanding, right
list?)

Right, John. :slight_smile:
�|� http://www.bestpractical.com/rt – Trouble Ticketing. Free.

Hello,

When my unpriviledged users submit tickets via the web, they get the
following error:

RT Error

No permission to display that ticket

If, after the ticket is created, they then try to view it, it works
fine. It’s just the first time the ticket attempts to display that
this problem appears.

Requestors are granted the “Show Ticket” priviledge at the queue
level. This problem goes away if “Everyone” can “Show Ticket”,
however, then anyone can view others’ tickets.

Also, is there a priviledge I can grant to Requestors to be able to
select keywords themselves via the web ticket creation form? It’d help
us categorize tickets if they could choose them themselves.

Thanks,
–nate

nathan coraor
cse it support
nate@cse.psu.edu