No IP Address Field on Forms

Hello,

I hope someone can assist with this. I am running RTIR M3 top of RT 3.7.26, apache2, and Postgre SQL 8.3 on Hardy Ubuntu on. None of my forms (i.e., incident reports, incidents, etc.) have a field for entering the IP address. The field name for IP address is on the form but not the actual field.

I am a new user and not very fluent with RT or Linux, but I did dig around the custom fields and relevant html files to find a reference for editing but I can’t seem to find it.

Has anyone else out there had this problem?

Thanks,

Sanitra S. Angram
Manager, Incident Response
Enterprise Information Security Office
Hilton Hotels Corporation
3180 Players Lane
Memphis, Tennessee 38125Office: (901) 748.7968
Secure Fax: (901) 748.7820
Cell: (901) 604.7810
sanitra.angram@hilton.com

Notice of Confidentiality: This message and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and then immediately delete this message. Thank you.

I didn’t have a custom field called _RTIR_IP. I went ahead and created one but the field itself still doesn’t show up in the forms. I believe the forms need to be modified to include this field or linked back to it somehow, but I can’t find a reference anywhere on how to do that.

Any idea?

Thanks,

SanitraFrom: ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com [mailto:ruslan.zakirov@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Ruslan Zakirov
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 2:38 PM
To: Sanitra Angram
Subject: Re: [Rtir] No IP Address Field on Forms

Grant ModifyCustomField right to your users on CustomField _RTIR_IP.

DutyTeam group that is created by default during installation of RTIR
has pretty good set of rights to start working with RTIR.