Newbie. Seeing queues while creating a ticket

All,

I have just installed RT 3.8.3. It is essentially a default install, except I am using ExternalAuth to authenticate my users via ldap.

If I log into RT as the local account, I see a dashboard, and I can create a ticket in any queue. However, if I log into the web interface using an ldap account, I see a very basic dashboard, with only 3 options, Open, Closed and New Ticket, and a GoTo Ticket button.

I would like my users to not only see (and modify) their tickets, but be able to create them in the proper queues.

As I said, I am very new to RT, and, I think I just need a nudge in the right direction. Can anyone point me to the right place in the documentation to get started?

Thanks

This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the Hearst Service Center (cadmin@hearstsc.com) immediately by email and delete the original message.

Lander, Scott wrote:

All,

I have just installed RT 3.8.3. It is essentially a default
install, except I am using ExternalAuth to authenticate my users via ldap.

If I log into RT as the local account, I see a dashboard, and I can
create a ticket in any queue. However, if I log into the web
interface using an ldap account, I see a very basic dashboard, with
only 3 options, Open, Closed and New Ticket, and a GoTo Ticket button.

I would like my users to not only see (and modify) their tickets,
but be able to create them in the proper queues.

Your ldap users are unprivileged and are seeing SelfService. Give them
SeeQueue rights to the appropriate queues and they can’ create a ticket
in those queues.

As I said, I am very new to RT, and, I think I just need a nudge in
the right direction. Can anyone point me to the right place in the
documentation to get started?

Thanks

This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the Hearst Service Center (cadmin@hearstsc.com) immediately by email and delete the original message.

The rt-users Archives

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Drew Barnes
Applications Analyst
Network Resources Department
Raymond Walters College
University of Cincinnati