Modifying $HomepageComponents in

Hello all,

Thanks to chaka on the irc channel, I managed to make MyRequests an
available item for RT at a Glance. Unfortunately, when I add that, on
my RT at a Glance page, I see “Predefined search My Requests not
found.” I do not have anything in my local directory
(/usr/local/lib/rt3/html/) and I have not modified /etc/initialdata
(which I saw mentioned in the mailing list archives at
gossamer-threads). I’ve also given my user practically all rights, so
I don’t think that’s an issue either.

Here’s my line from Set( $HomepageComponents,
[qw(QuickCreate Quicksearch MyAdminQueues MySupportQueues MyReminders
MyRequests RefreshHomepage)]); Seems alright, doesn’t it? The file
passes a ‘perl -c’ check.

If anyone could point me in the right direction (I’ve got the RT
Essentials book, too), I’d really appreciate it.


Since I’ve seen several references to this in the lists, but no
answer, I just want to document here what I’ve done. The included
MyRequests, which can be enabled via the $HomepageComponents line in is apparently something left over from 3.4(?). Don’t
bother with it. My instructions below work in 3.6.5.

In Tickets → Advanced, I made this query: =
CurrentUser’ . First I tried it with or
something like that, which didn’t work. On the irc channel, jibsheet
suggested, which works. After entering that line, click
Apply, which takes you back to the query builder. Here, you can save
that query under “RT System’s saved searches” as My Requests or
whatever you like. Saving it under that catagory will make it
available to all users as an option that can be included on RT at a
Glance. Further tweaks can be made on the query builder page, like
which columns should be shown under My Requests, what order the
results will be in, so on and so forth.

Thanks to the people on #rt who helped with this.