Since I’ve been unable to find code to do this anywhere else…
So details on how we merged a departmental RT instance into our central
The privileged users, groups, queues and ACLs were all manually created
before the import, using various scripts that we have for maintaining
our central queues. This was primarily because we didn’t want the old
queue names or groups.
A word of warning, on our 200Meg / 3000 ticket donor system it did
manage to chomp it’s way through nearly a gig of ram during import.
It also appears to have shown up a weird bug in DBIx::SearchBuilder
which means that it passing undef in as id and EffectiveId doesn’t
trigger the use of ‘auto’ sequences…
Unix Systems Administrator