Merge Tickets bug?

Hi,

I have had a look through the mailing list and I found the thread below:

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2005-July/032318.html

I am having the exact same issue where the Subject of the merged ticket
overwrites the subject of the primary ticket when merged.

There does not seem to be a resolution listed(not that I can find
anyway).

Does anybody knows what causes this and what the resolution would be? I
imagine it is some problem in the Mysql queries/selects but not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David Wells
MCSE, RHCE & CCNP

Senior Network Engineer

Foreshore Limited

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email

We’re running RT3.2.3 on RHEL3, Apache 1.3.33, mod_perl 1.29, MySQL 4.0.20,
Perl 5.8.4. I never noticed this behavior when we ran RT3.0.07_01 on the
same config.

I had a ticket, #2183 Subject: Request for a Redesign Proposal.

I received a new ticket, #2386 Subject: In reference to #2183.

I merged 2386 into 2183. The Subject of 2183 then became the subject of
2386.

Previously, the merged ticket maintained the Subject of the primary ticket

  • in this case 2183.

What is expected behavior? and can I retain the Subject of the principal
ticket?

(There are no errors in rt.log.)

Joe Micciche

We’re running RT3.2.3 on RHEL3, Apache 1.3.33, mod_perl 1.29, MySQL 4.0.20,
Perl 5.8.4. I never noticed this behavior when we ran RT3.0.07_01 on the
same config.

I had a ticket, #2183 Subject: Request for a Redesign Proposal.

I received a new ticket, #2386 Subject: In reference to #2183.

I merged 2386 into 2183. The Subject of 2183 then became the subject of
2386.

Previously, the merged ticket maintained the Subject of the primary ticket

  • in this case 2183.

What is expected behavior? and can I retain the Subject of the principal
ticket?

The expected behaviour is that 2183’s subject should remain the same.
I’m betting that MySQL is loading the wrong “half” of the merged ticket,
possibly because RT isn’t being specific enough.

Can you show us the output of:

SELECT * From Tickets where EffectiveId = 2183;

?

Jesse

What is expected behavior? and can I retain the Subject of the
principal

ticket?

The expected behaviour is that 2183’s subject should remain the same.
I’m betting that MySQL is loading the wrong “half” of the merged ticket,
possibly because RT isn’t being specific enough.

Can you show us the output of:

SELECT * From Tickets where EffectiveId = 2183;

Here is the output of that query, Jesse (sorry for the csv format):

“2183”;“2183”;“3”;“ticket”;“0”;“0”;“457”;“xxx-requests
2183”;“11”;“99”;“11”;“0”;“0”;“resolved”;“0”;NULL;“2005-06-02
04:00:00”;“2005-06-02 20:17:46”;“2005-07-01 04:00:00”;“2005-07-05
15:07:04”;“12”;“2005-07-05 15:07:06”;“306”;“2005-06-02 19:51:45”;“0”

“2316”;“2183”;“3”;“ticket”;“0”;“0”;“10”;“xxx-requests
2183”;“11”;“99”;“11”;“0”;“0”;“resolved”;“0”;NULL;“1970-01-01
00:00:00”;“1970-01-01 00:00:00”;“2005-07-12 14:35:30”;“1970-01-01
00:00:00”;“457”;“2005-07-05 14:35:45”;“457”;“2005-07-05 14:35:30”;“0”

or:

Dumping data for table Tickets
2183 2183 3 ticket 0 0 457 xxx-requests 2183 11 99
11 0 0 resolved 0 NULL 2005-06-02 04:00:00
2005-06-02 20:17:46 2005-07-01 04:00:00 2005-07-05 15:07:04 12
2005-07-05 15:07:06 306 2005-06-02 19:51:45 0

2316 2183 3 ticket 0 0 10 xxx-requests 2183 11 99
11 0 0 resolved 0 NULL 1970-01-01 00:00:00
1970-01-01 00:00:00 2005-07-12 14:35:30 1970-01-01 00:00:00 457
2005-07-05 14:35:45 457 2005-07-05 14:35:30 0

(Unfortunately I resolved it after merging - but I can do a test ticket to
repeat and get those results if it’d help.)

joe

What is expected behavior? and can I retain the Subject of the
principal

ticket?

The expected behaviour is that 2183’s subject should remain the same.
I’m betting that MySQL is loading the wrong “half” of the merged ticket,
possibly because RT isn’t being specific enough.

Can you show us the output of:

SELECT * From Tickets where EffectiveId = 2183;

Here is the output of that query, Jesse (sorry for the csv format):

I don’t see the subject lines I’d expect. See if you can repeat it with
a new pair of tickets and send me the output of

SELECT id, EffectiveId, Subject from Tickets where EffectiveId = ;

I don’t see the subject lines I’d expect. See if you can repeat it with
a new pair of tickets and send me the output of

SELECT id, EffectiveId, Subject from Tickets where EffectiveId = ;

Hi Jesse,

I created #2321 - Test of Merge - Parent. Then created #2322 - Test of
Merge - Child. Merged 2322 into 2321, subject of 2321 is now Test of Merge

  • Child.

Ticket chronology includes:

Tue Jul 05 16:02:51 2005 root - Ticket created [Reply] [Comment]Subject: Test of Merge - Parent

Download (untitled)
text/plain 63b
This is a test of the merge process. This is the parent ticket.

Tue Jul 05 16:02:53 2005 RT_System - Outgoing email recorded

[Show]

Tue Jul 05 16:02:54 2005 RT_System - Outgoing email recorded

[Show]

Tue Jul 05 16:04:01 2005 root - Ticket 2322: Ticket created

[Reply] [Comment]
Subject: Test of Merge - Child

Download (untitled)
text/plain 91b
This is a test of merging tickets. This is the child ticket, as noted
in the subject line.

Tue Jul 05 16:04:03 2005 RT_System - Ticket 2322: Outgoing email

recorded [Show]

Tue Jul 05 16:04:04 2005 RT_System - Ticket 2322: Outgoing email

recorded [Show]

Tue Jul 05 16:04:37 2005 root - Ticket 2322: Merged into ticket

#2321

Tue Jul 05 16:04:37 2005 root - Subject changed from Test of Merge -

Parent to Test of Merge - Child

SQL results you asked for:

Dumping data for table Tickets
2321 2321 Test of Merge - Child
2322 2321 Test of Merge - Child

joe