MaxAttachmentSize, DropLongAttachments per Attachment or Transaction?

Is the MaxAttachmentSize variable a per-attachment limit? Or is it a per-transaction limit? I’m guessing it’s not a per-ticket limit.

Is the DropLongAttachments also a per-attachment or per-transaction action?

So if I send an email to RT and this email has three 6MByte attachments, will all three attachments make it into RT? My MySQL max_allowed_packet is 24MB, and I’m using the default MaxAttachmentSize (10MB.)

If DropLongAttachments is a per-transaction rather than per-attachment, is the Drop’ing of attachments all-or-nothing? Would it drop all three attachments or just two? If RT doesn’t drop them all, how does it determine which attachment(s) to keep? Is it just added up in size in the order the attachments were attached to the email? Or does RT try a best-fit method to try and keep as many attachments as it can?

PH

Paul Hirose : pthirose@ucdavis.edu : Sysadm Motto: rm -fr /MyLife
1034 Academic Surge : Programmer/Analyst : Backup Motto : rm -fr /
One Shields Avenue : Voice (530) 752-7181 : Robot, n.: Univ. Admin
Davis, CA 95616-8770 : Fax (530) 752-4465 : rec.pets.cat.anecdotes

As far as I recall per attachment and a bell dings that there was a
mod to control number of files or total size. I can be wrong regarding
mods.On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 1:31 AM, Paul Hirosepthirose@ucdavis.edu wrote:

Is the MaxAttachmentSize variable a per-attachment limit? Or is it a per-transaction limit? I’m guessing it’s not a per-ticket limit.

Is the DropLongAttachments also a per-attachment or per-transaction action?

So if I send an email to RT and this email has three 6MByte attachments, will all three attachments make it into RT? My MySQL max_allowed_packet is 24MB, and I’m using the default MaxAttachmentSize (10MB.)

If DropLongAttachments is a per-transaction rather than per-attachment, is the Drop’ing of attachments all-or-nothing? Would it drop all three attachments or just two? If RT doesn’t drop them all, how does it determine which attachment(s) to keep? Is it just added up in size in the order the attachments were attached to the email? Or does RT try a best-fit method to try and keep as many attachments as it can?

PH

Paul Hirose : pthirose@ucdavis.edu : Sysadm Motto: rm -fr /MyLife
1034 Academic Surge : Programmer/Analyst : Backup Motto : rm -fr /
One Shields Avenue : Voice (530) 752-7181 : Robot, n.: Univ. Admin
Davis, CA 95616-8770 : Fax (530) 752-4465 : rec.pets.cat.anecdotes

The rt-users Archives

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Best regards, Ruslan.