$UserInfo{‘Name’} = $entry->get_value(‘uid’) || next;
$UserInfo{‘RealName’} = $entry->get_value(‘cn’) || ‘’;
$UserInfo{‘EmailAddress’} = $entry->get_value(‘mail’) || ‘’;
}

but it still pulls down their email for the username. Is it a different
attribute to change or something else?

later

Heya.

ok, i’ve spent a few hours hacking around with perl-LDAP and how have a couple of nice functions to retrieve user information from ldap and check the password.

I’ve read a couple of times that to intergrate ldap auth into RT2, you use the LookupSenderInExternalDatabase option in configuration… however this seems to suggest that for every email that is sent to RT it will try and auth it via LDAP? (or whatever I put in the LookupExternalUserInfo function. is this correct?

All I want to do is have staff auth (eg, web access) coming out of LDAP. To do this should I just modify autohandler?

Matthew Watson
Development, Netspace Online Systems
mwatson@netspace.net.au

To do that, you should set up your webserver to use LDAPAuth and set up RT’s
web ui to use External authentication.

-jOn Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 01:23:22AM +1000, Matthew Watson wrote:

Heya.

ok, i’ve spent a few hours hacking around with perl-LDAP and how have a couple of nice functions to retrieve user information from ldap and check the password.

I’ve read a couple of times that to intergrate ldap auth into RT2, you use the LookupSenderInExternalDatabase option in configuration… however this seems to suggest that for every email that is sent to RT it will try and auth it via LDAP? (or whatever I put in the LookupExternalUserInfo function. is this correct?

All I want to do is have staff auth (eg, web access) coming out of LDAP. To do this should I just modify autohandler?

Matthew Watson
Development, Netspace Online Systems
mwatson@netspace.net.au

rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

http://www.bestpractical.com/products/rt – Trouble Ticketing. Free.