We are looking to employ a full time RT developer. Below is a job
description. Please take a look and also forward to anyone who might be
Thanks for your time,
Job Overview Description
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced developer to join
our software development team. Candidates should have solid Perl and
HTML development skills, good organization and communication skills, and
be able to work well within a team environment. Candidates must be
self-directed, confident, and able to work without requiring a great
deal of structure or supervision. Perl and HTML skills will be used in
a team environment to build a global ticketing system based off of Best
Practical’s Request Tracker (RT).
Develop, test, and maintain portions of BTCi's Global
Develop middle tier and application level, and HTML code.
Support QA test activities to identify and correct issues.
Work with development team, system owners and technologists to
brainstorm and test new ideas.
Support application patches and releases.
- 4 - 6 years of software development experience
- Perl scripting and Object Oriented Coding.
- Fluent in HTML and CSS coding.
- Working knowledge or coding experience with RT is highly
- Perl Mason a plus.
- Good object oriented design experience.
- Knowledge of Linux platform required. Windows and UNIX
- Familiarity with Apache.
- Knowledge of technologies such as XML, XSL, XSLT, HTML and CSS
- Effective technical communication skills
- Ability to research and develop high-level designs and implement
them in code required.
- Ability to effectively work and contribute in a team
- Working knowledge of and experience with building database
- Knowledge of Networking, Distributed Systems, Diagnostic
Systems, and Internet Technologies.
A BS degree or an MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
or related field.