Lifecycle Question

Hi there,

I have a question about lifecycles (which are the next best thing to sliced bread in my opinion):

Is it possible to adjust the default lifecycle without having to overwrite it completely? What I simply want to have are a few changed actions (basically we want responses on Resolve, not Comments). Now I don’t want to overwrite the entire Lifecycle to keep things simple. Is this possible?

Best regards,
Torben Nehmer
Torben Nehmer
Diplom Informatiker (FH)
Business System Developer
CANCOM Deutschland GmbH
Messerschmittstr. 20
89343 Scheppach
Germany
Tel.: +49 8225 - 996-1118
Fax: +49 8225 - 996-41118
torben.nehmer@cancom.demailto:torben.nehmer@cancom.de
www.cancom.dehttp://www.cancom.de/
CANCOM Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jettingen-Scheppach
HRB 10653 Memmingen
Geschäftsführer: Martin Mayr, Tobias Hörmann
Diese E-Mail und alle mitgesendeten Dateien sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für den Gebrauch durch den Empfänger bestimmt!
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential intended solely for the use of the addressee!

If you copy the default lifecycle section from RT_Config.pm over to your RT_SiteConfig.pm file, you should have no problems making that change.From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Nehmer Torben
Sent: November-03-11 9:54 AM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Lifecycle Question

Hi there,

I have a question about lifecycles (which are the next best thing to sliced bread in my opinion):

Is it possible to adjust the default lifecycle without having to overwrite it completely? What I simply want to have are a few changed actions (basically we want responses on Resolve, not Comments). Now I don’t want to overwrite the entire Lifecycle to keep things simple. Is this possible?

Best regards,
Torben Nehmer
Torben Nehmer
Diplom Informatiker (FH)
CANCOM Deutschland GmbH
Messerschmittstr. 20
89343 Scheppach
Germany
torben.nehmer@cancom.demailto:torben.nehmer@cancom.de
www.cancom.dehttp://www.cancom.de/
CANCOM Deutschland GmbH
HRB 10653 Memmingen
Diese E-Mail und alle mitgesendeten Dateien sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für den Gebrauch durch den Empfänger bestimmt!
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential intended solely for the use of the addressee!

Is it possible to adjust the default lifecycle without having to overwrite it completely? What
I simply want to have are a few changed actions (basically we want responses on Resolve, not
Comments). Now I don’t want to overwrite the entire Lifecycle to keep things simple. Is this
possible?

You can copy just default => { } and leave approvals in RT_Config.pm,
but you do need to copy all of default in order to modify it.

You can also add a new lifecycle without copying default from
RT_Config.pm into RT_SiteConfig.pm

To summarize, there’s a very simple merge algorithm, but it only
happens at the top level.

-kevin

Hi there,

thanks for the hints, worked like a breeze.

Best regards,
Torben Nehmer
Torben Nehmer
Diplom Informatiker (FH)
CANCOM Deutschland GmbH
Messerschmittstr. 20
89343 Scheppach
Germany
torben.nehmer@cancom.de

CANCOM Deutschland GmbH
HRB 10653 Memmingen
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential intended solely for the use of the addressee!-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] Im Auftrag von Kevin Falcone
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. November 2011 18:27
An: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Betreff: Re: [rt-users] Lifecycle Question

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 04:53:40PM +0100, Nehmer Torben wrote:

Is it possible to adjust the default lifecycle without having to overwrite it completely? What
I simply want to have are a few changed actions (basically we want responses on Resolve, not
Comments). Now I don’t want to overwrite the entire Lifecycle to keep things simple. Is this
possible?

You can copy just default => { } and leave approvals in RT_Config.pm,
but you do need to copy all of default in order to modify it.

You can also add a new lifecycle without copying default from
RT_Config.pm into RT_SiteConfig.pm

To summarize, there’s a very simple merge algorithm, but it only
happens at the top level.

-kevin