I confirm something is broken in RT concerning language detection.
I use IE6 on windows 2000.
My language settings are [EN] and [FR], French being usually first.
When connecting, RT seems to ignore the preference order I set. I get the
french language whenever French is present in the list.
When I want to compare my translations with the original, I have to remove
"French" form the list and leave only English. I guess changing the order
should be enough.
-----Message d’origine-----De : Andrew Snare [mailto:ASnare@allshare.nl]
Envoye : jeudi 6 fevrier 2003 12:13
A : Harald Wagener; email@example.com
Objet : Re: [rt-devel] fsck.com RT instance Upgraded to 2.1.68
At 10:39 AM 6/02/2003 +0100, Harald Wagener wrote:
When I do that with a web browser identified by the following string:
“Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/51
(like Gecko) Safari/51”
I get some asian looking login screen. The web pages are not german at all
as well, being a mix of misrendered utf8 characters (not Your fault) and
I guess the /de-de/ is not standards compliant.
The de-de in the version string should be irrelevant since for language
purposes it should be using the HTTP-Accept-Language header your browser
sends. I think this is broken in RT, however. I noticed this problem in an
early release of the 2.1 but didn’t have time to investigate.
At any rate, my HTTP-Accept-Language header is:
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en-au, en;q=0.66, nl;q=0.33
When I aim this at http://rt3.fsck.com/ I get a Dutch page, despite the
fact that English is listed as preferable. If I yank Dutch from the end of
the list, I get an English page (as expected). Hence I think there’s a
problem with the auto-language detection in RT3.
It’s commendable that RT is trying to do the right thing here. One of my
pet hates is web i18n that ignores what your browser says about your