Labelled Priority Patch doesn't work with 3.6x

The Labelled Priority Patch from http://www.parliant.com/~cmh/rt/ for RT 3.6
doesn’t seem to work for me. The text labels appear in the basic panel but
any values set are ignored (tickets are created with initial & final values
of 0) can anyone confirm they have the patch working on RT 3.6.

RT 3.6.1 does the same thing.

I have re-attached the patch cause I had to change the headings in the
original as the diff wasn’t recognised by patch.

prioritypatch.txt (6.8 KB)

The only error I get is in /var/log/messages:
RT: Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Transaction_Overlay.pm line 1073.
(/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Transaction_Overlay.pm:1073)

“The truth, the half-truth, and nothing like the truth.” - Mark Brandon Read

Hi.

I found the exact same behavior (priority labels show, but changes to
priority don’t take effect) on 3.6.1.
One thing I noticed, in doing a view source on the page:

Urgent So it makes sense that it wont honor any changes - the HTML form doesn't know what to change without having the field tagged with a name!

Anyway, I was wondering if you have found a fix yet?

Thanks,
Brent Parish

Sevan / Venture37
Sun Aug 20 21:20:27 EDT 2006

The Labelled Priority Patch from http://www.parliant.com/~cmh/rt/
http://www.parliant.com/~cmh/rt/ for RT 3.6
doesn’t seem to work for me. The text labels appear in the basic panel
but
any values set are ignored (tickets are created with initial & final
values
of 0) can anyone confirm they have the patch working on RT 3.6.

RT 3.6.1 does the same thing.

IMPORTANT: The contents are intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
If you have received this email in error, please destroy all copies of this message and it’s attachments and
then notify the system manager or the sender immediately. Do not disclose the contents to anyone or make
copies thereof.
*** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals, and malicious content. ***

Looks like I spoke too soon!
I think it is simply an issue of changing the case on “name” to "Name"
in local/html/Ticket/Elements/EditBasics (lines 89 and 98?):

% if ($RT::PriorityType) {
  •  <td class="value"><&/Elements/SelectPriority, name=>"Priority",
    

default=>$TicketObj->Priority &>

  •  <td class="value"><&/Elements/SelectPriority, Name => "Priority",
    

default=>$TicketObj->Priority &>
% } else {

% if ($RT::PriorityType) {
  •  <td class="value"><&/Elements/SelectPriority,
    

name=>“FinalPriority”, default=>$TicketObj->FinalPriority &>

  •  <td class="value"><&/Elements/SelectPriority, Name =>
    

“FinalPriority”, default=>$TicketObj->FinalPriority &>
% } else {

Thanks,
Brent Parish

IMPORTANT: The contents are intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
If you have received this email in error, please destroy all copies of this message and it’s attachments and
then notify the system manager or the sender immediately. Do not disclose the contents to anyone or make
copies thereof.
*** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals, and malicious content. ***

Ok, sorry about the email flood about this. I should have had more
patience and thoroughly explored this before posting!

The current values for priority are not honored, either. You have to
change case on “default=>”, as well: “Default=>”

Thanks,

BrentFrom: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Parish,
Brent
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 11:35 AM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Re: Labelled Priority Patch doesn’t work with 3.6x

Looks like I spoke too soon!

I think it is simply an issue of changing the case on “name” to "Name"
in local/html/Ticket/Elements/EditBasics (lines 89 and 98?):

% if ($RT::PriorityType) {
  •  <td class="value"><&/Elements/SelectPriority, name=>"Priority",
    

default=>$TicketObj->Priority &>

  •  <td class="value"><&/Elements/SelectPriority, Name => "Priority",
    

default=>$TicketObj->Priority &>

% } else {

% if ($RT::PriorityType) {
  •  <td class="value"><&/Elements/SelectPriority,
    

name=>“FinalPriority”, default=>$TicketObj->FinalPriority &>

  •  <td class="value"><&/Elements/SelectPriority, Name =>
    

“FinalPriority”, default=>$TicketObj->FinalPriority &>

% } else {

Thanks,

Brent Parish

IMPORTANT: The contents are intended for the named recipient(s) only and
may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL. If you
have received this email in error, please destroy all copies of this
message and it’s attachments and then notify the system manager or the
sender immediately. Do not disclose the contents to anyone or make
copies thereof.
*** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals, and malicious
content. ***

IMPORTANT: The contents are intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.
If you have received this email in error, please destroy all copies of this message and it’s attachments and
then notify the system manager or the sender immediately. Do not disclose the contents to anyone or make
copies thereof.
*** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals, and malicious content. ***