I’m trying to set up RT and make it replace the redmine that we use up to now. Idea is to be able to streamline the way are support requests are coming to us. We’re quite small, and our move to RT aims at making our support better for our customers. Right now people use redmine, email the boss and call the boss on the phone.
We want to change that to either send email@support or connect to RT via the web. People dealing with support will added through RT via LDAP.
My idea of a workflow would the following :
- New tickets come in either by email/web.
- Person assigned for triage this week would assign the ticket to the best suited person to answer.
I’m now trying to figure out how to setup RT to deal with the above workflow. I think one queue is enough for our need for now. I now need to understand rights.
- What do I need to give to the external LDAP based users ?
- How do I make sure that client A doesn’t see client’s B ? that’s probably thru a group
- How do I make user A and B from the same client see each others issues ( I guess a group).
I’ve been reading docs but none on how to setup rights depending on what one wants.