How to tell Mason not to process a folder?

Okay this may be kinda off topic, but I’m struggling a bit trying to
figure out how to get RT and other things running on the same site.
In my case I’m trying to have the helpdesk and the monitoring run from
the same url.
My url will be http://helpdesk.tmfloyd.com
My original plan was to have RT at “/helpdesk” and nagios at “/nagios”,
but I was having problems getting that to work, I think mason was trying
to process nagios stuff, because I would get a “404” error but would see
"[Mason] Cannot resolve file to component" error in the syslog.

The second plan was to let the root of the site be RT and let Nagios sit
at “/nagios”, but again Mason is getting in the way.

How do i tell RT::Mason to load on all folders but “/nagios”??

In my virtual host definition I have tried various combinations, guess
it would help if I knew regex :<).

#<LocationMatch “/”>
<LocationMatch “(/!nagios/)?”>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler RT::Mason

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

James Whittington
Systems Administrator

Excelorant, LLC
A TM Floyd Affiliate Company
1800 St. Julian Place
P.O. Box 8263
Columbia, SC 29202

803.765.1310 | Phone
800.780.1170 | Toll Free
803.765.1431 | Fax

jwhittington@excelorant.com

Okay I went back to my original plan of having RT at “/helpdesk” on our
internal helpdesk site.

Now I can sort of get to the Helpdesk, I can log on and see my tickets,
but all URL references leave out /helpdesk, whereas if I click on
Tickets my url links to
"http://helpdesk.tmfloyd.com/Search/Listing.html" when it should link to
"http://helpdesk.tmfloyd.com/helpdesk/Search/Listing.html"
It’s like the $WebURL isn’t getting picked up…

Does the WebURL get cached somewhere, I’m not sure why the RT UI isn’t
fully picking it up.

Under /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm I have the following Web UI info:

Set($WebPath , “/helpdesk”);

Set($WebBaseURL , “http://helpdesk.tmfloyd.com:80”);

Set($WebURL , $WebBaseURL . $WebPath . “/”);
Set($WebImagesURL , $WebURL . “NoAuth/images/”);
Set($LogoURL , $WebImagesURL . “rt.jpg”);

My Virtual host File looks like this:

<VirtualHost :80>
ServerName helpdesk.tmfloyd.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
# these four lines apply to Apache2+mod_perl2 only: {{{
PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.
)/$ $1/index.html
# }}}

PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

<Location /helpdesk/>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler RT::Mason

Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share/
Alias /helpdesk/ /usr/local/rt3/share/html/
<Directory /usr/local/rt3/share/html/>
AllowOverride None
Options ExecCGI
order allow,deny
allow from all

<Directory /usr/local/nagios/share/>
AllowOverride AuthConfig
Options None
order allow,deny
allow from all

Thanks,

James WhittingtonOn Fri, 2004-05-07 at 13:05, James wrote:

Okay this may be kinda off topic, but I’m struggling a bit trying to
figure out how to get RT and other things running on the same site.
In my case I’m trying to have the helpdesk and the monitoring run from
the same url.
My url will be http://helpdesk.tmfloyd.com
My original plan was to have RT at “/helpdesk” and nagios at “/nagios”,
but I was having problems getting that to work, I think mason was trying
to process nagios stuff, because I would get a “404” error but would see
"[Mason] Cannot resolve file to component" error in the syslog.

The second plan was to let the root of the site be RT and let Nagios sit
at “/nagios”, but again Mason is getting in the way.

How do i tell RT::Mason to load on all folders but “/nagios”??

In my virtual host definition I have tried various combinations, guess
it would help if I knew regex :<).

#<LocationMatch “/”>
<LocationMatch “(/!nagios/)?”>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler RT::Mason

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

James Whittington
Systems Administrator

Excelorant, LLC
A TM Floyd Affiliate Company
1800 St. Julian Place
P.O. Box 8263
Columbia, SC 29202

803.765.1310 | Phone
800.780.1170 | Toll Free
803.765.1431 | Fax

jwhittington@excelorant.com

Make sure to restart or reload apache otherwise changes in RT_SiteConfig.pm
don’t apply.–On Friday, May 07, 2004 15:30 -0400 James jwhittington@excelorant.com wrote:

Okay I went back to my original plan of having RT at “/helpdesk” on our
internal helpdesk site.

Now I can sort of get to the Helpdesk, I can log on and see my tickets,
but all URL references leave out /helpdesk, whereas if I click on
Tickets my url links to
"http://helpdesk.tmfloyd.com/Search/Listing.html" when it should link to
"http://helpdesk.tmfloyd.com/helpdesk/Search/Listing.html"
It’s like the $WebURL isn’t getting picked up…

Does the WebURL get cached somewhere, I’m not sure why the RT UI isn’t
fully picking it up.

GPG/PGP --> 0xE736BD7E 5144 6A2D 977A 6651 DFBE 1462 E351 88B9 E736 BD7E

Michael Loftis wrote:

Make sure to restart or reload apache otherwise changes in RT_SiteConfig.pm
don’t apply.

Make sure to stop and then start apache. reload doesn’t cut it,
and I think some vendors’ scripts do exactly that even if you ask
for a “restart”.