How to Search Resolved Tickets & How to Backup RT DB?

Two questions:

1. How can I modify RT so that when I search in the ‘quick search’ box
    at the top right of the page it searches all tickets, including resolved
    tickets?
  2. What is the best way to backup the entire RT database, including
    attachments, etc. Currently I am doing an export from phpMyAdmin but I don’t
    believe that includes ticket attachments.

Thanks,

Zach

I believe ticket attachments are stored in the attachments table and stored as blob data. so an sql backup should get that as well.From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Zach Boettner [zachb@oxfordsuites.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:35 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] How to Search Resolved Tickets & How to Backup RT DB?

Two questions:

1. How can I modify RT so that when I search in the ‘quick search’ box at the top right of the page it searches all tickets, including resolved tickets?
  2. What is the best way to backup the entire RT database, including attachments, etc. Currently I am doing an export from phpMyAdmin but I don’t believe that includes ticket attachments.

Thanks,

Zach

1. How can I modify RT so that when I search in the ?quick search? box at the top right of the page it searches all tickets, including resolved tickets?

The answer to that is in the wiki

1. What is the best way to backup the entire RT database, including attachments, etc. Currently I am doing an export from phpMyAdmin but I don?t believe that includes ticket attachments.

Assuming you use MySQL database with innodb tables, from a bash shell:

mysqldump --max_allowed_packet=64M --single-transaction rtdb > rtdb.sql

where “rtdb” is the name of your rt database.

A

?1. ?How can I modify RT so that when I search in the ?quick search? box at the top right of the page it searches all tickets, including resolved tickets?

The answer to that is in the wiki

Here: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/Quicksearch

Eleanor J. (Piglet) Evans, eje@panix.com
Customer Support, (212) 741-4400