How to edit "Create a new ticket" page and the Quick Ticket creation portlet

OK, this has been bugging me and I haven’t found an answer yet.

How can I edit the “Create a new ticket” page, or alternately, the Quick Ticket portlet? Is this going to have be done through Mason?

I am trying to make the “Create a new ticket” page default the owner field to the user that is signed in, and also to add the Priority field

For the Quick Ticket creation portlet, it would also be handy to have the Priority field, the custom fields, tags fields, and the status (Resolved) fields showing. How would I do that?

Thank you!

I think you might want to describe your particular case a bit more, im not sure what you mean by “done through mason”. If you want to hack the create page, make a copy in the local folder and hack away. The quick ticket portlet is stripped down to the minimum by design if you want more, use the create page imho.

I read that incorrectly, the normal ticket create page defaults owner to “Nobody” unless an “Owner” arg is provided. You can use the init callback:

$m->callback( CallbackName => "Init", ARGSRef => \%ARGS );

To add a default owner arg, the code can look something like this:

<%init>
$ARGSRef->{'Owner'} = $session{'CurrentUser'}->Id;
</%init>
<%args>
$ARGSRef
</%args>

For the Quick Ticket creation portlet, it would also be handy to have the Priority field, the custom fields, tags fields, and the status (Resolved) fields showing. How would I do that?

To change the existing portlet I think the easiest method would be to create a new homepage portlet and use the code from the QuickCreate portlet as a starting position

1 Like