How-to delete tickets?


#1

Once system testing or a new queue has been tested, how do you delete
test messages and purge them from the system? CLI or GUI?

Also, are there any pointers on how to create keywords globally and
per-queue? I think using them would be helpful in my environment, but
I’m not 100% sure…

Struggling but having fun,

— Gavin Adams
Promisant Ltd.
Bermuda


#2

Set their status to dead.
There’s no reaper script to scrub them from the DB yet.On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 01:50:46PM -0300, Adams, Gavin wrote:

Once system testing or a new queue has been tested, how do you delete
test messages and purge them from the system? CLI or GUI?

Also, are there any pointers on how to create keywords globally and
per-queue? I think using them would be helpful in my environment, but
I’m not 100% sure…

Struggling but having fun,

— Gavin Adams
Promisant Ltd.
Bermuda


rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

jesse reed vincent – root@eruditorum.orgjesse@fsck.com
70EBAC90: 2A07 FC22 7DB4 42C1 9D71 0108 41A3 3FB3 70EB AC90

<Dr_Memory> the point is that words were exchanged. neurolinguistic
programming will do the rest. they should be showing up at my house
any day now.


#3

Can Anybody help me??? I am quite a beginner on LINUX
and I found RT and think its great…

but now i am trying to install it and it seems that
I am having problems with MYSQL:

mkdir -p /usr/local/rt/lib
cp -rp ./lib/* /usr/local/rt/lib
/usr/bin/mysqladmin -h localhost -u root -pxxxxxxx create rt
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: create of ‘rt’ failed
error: 'Can’t create database ‘rt’. (errno: 28)'
make: [database] Error 1 (ignored)
/usr/bin/mysql -h localhost -u root -pxxxxxxx rt < etc/schema
ERROR 1049: Unknown database 'rt’
make: *** [database] Error 1

I cant create a database anymore (not even manually!)

Does any1 have a hint???

roland


#4

Hi there

I am trying to get RT 1.07 to work since 2 days now and without success.

When I try to execute webrt.cgi (or create a queue or user) under Linux
i get the following error message:

linux:/usr/local/rt/bin/cgi # ./webrt.cgi
Can’t locate Mysql/Statement.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/local/rt/lib) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/Mysql.pm line 12.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/rt/lib/rt/database.pm line 8.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/local/rt/lib/rt/database.pm line
8.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/rt/lib/rt/ui/web/auth.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/rt/bin/rtmux.pl line 50.
linux:/usr/local/rt/bin/cgi #

Statement.pm however is present:

linux:/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1 #ls -la
-r–r--r-- 1 root root 4043 May 24 22:56 Shell.pm
-r–r--r-- 1 root root 3939 Nov 30 1999 Statement.pm
-r–r--r-- 1 root root 3876 May 24 22:56 Symbol.pm
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 24 22:56 Term
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 24 22:56 Test
-r–r--r-- 1 root root 7822 May 24 22:56 Test.pm
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 24 22:56 Text

can any1 help me out???

Roland


#5

Are you sure you’ve installed Msql-Mysql-Modules with MsqlPerl emulation?On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 01:00:21AM +0200, Sazuma Trading wrote:

Hi there

I am trying to get RT 1.07 to work since 2 days now and without success.

When I try to execute webrt.cgi (or create a queue or user) under Linux
i get the following error message:

linux:/usr/local/rt/bin/cgi # ./webrt.cgi
Can’t locate Mysql/Statement.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/local/rt/lib) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/Mysql.pm line 12.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/rt/lib/rt/database.pm line 8.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/local/rt/lib/rt/database.pm line
8.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/rt/lib/rt/ui/web/auth.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/rt/bin/rtmux.pl line 50.
linux:/usr/local/rt/bin/cgi #

Statement.pm however is present:

linux:/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1 #ls -la
-r–r--r-- 1 root root 4043 May 24 22:56 Shell.pm
-r–r--r-- 1 root root 3939 Nov 30 1999 Statement.pm
-r–r--r-- 1 root root 3876 May 24 22:56 Symbol.pm
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 24 22:56 Term
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 24 22:56 Test
-r–r--r-- 1 root root 7822 May 24 22:56 Test.pm
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 24 22:56 Text

can any1 help me out???

Roland


rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

jesse reed vincent – root@eruditorum.orgjesse@fsck.com
70EBAC90: 2A07 FC22 7DB4 42C1 9D71 0108 41A3 3FB3 70EB AC90

There are no supercomputer applications that are solvable that cannot be solved
in finite time using a fucking TRS-80 with approprite disk/tape drives. Zero.
-Tanj


#6

Which version of RT, which version of mysql? As which user are you
trying to do this? As which mysql user are you trying to do this?

A.

Sazuma Trading wrote:


#7

Hi There!!

The problem was solved installing PERL again from the SUSE CD Distribution!!
Somehow I have 5.6.1 and 5.0.5 now installed but at least it works…

Now the next step will be getting rid of the HTTP 500 Error (Internal Server
Error)!
I have seen that a lot of ppl have that problem. The CGI works fine in the
Shell
but not through my Apache 1.3.20 … well another night to spend with this
:wink:

thanx again

rolandFrom: Alesh Mustar [mailto:alesh@sportina.si]
Sent: Freitag, 25. Mai 2001 09:14
To: roland@sazuma.com
Cc: rt-users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Installation Fails coz of MYSQL Create DB Errno.
28?!?

Which version of RT, which version of mysql? As which user are you
trying to do this? As which mysql user are you trying to do this?

A.

Sazuma Trading wrote:

Can Anybody help me??? I am quite a beginner on LINUX
and I found RT and think its great…

but now i am trying to install it and it seems that
I am having problems with MYSQL:

mkdir -p /usr/local/rt/lib
cp -rp ./lib/* /usr/local/rt/lib
/usr/bin/mysqladmin -h localhost -u root -pxxxxxxx create rt
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: create of ‘rt’ failed
error: 'Can’t create database ‘rt’. (errno: 28)'
make: [database] Error 1 (ignored)
/usr/bin/mysql -h localhost -u root -pxxxxxxx rt < etc/schema
ERROR 1049: Unknown database 'rt’
make: *** [database] Error 1

I cant create a database anymore (not even manually!)

Does any1 have a hint???

roland


rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users


#8

An easy way to do it is with a mysql database backup and restore.

If you have webmin installed,
http://www.webmin.com/
you can use it to create a backup script. Then you can cat the file, and
pipe it to grep to remove lines from a specific user or with a string (like
"this is a test"), and redirect it to another file. Then use the newly
created file to restore (without the unwanted messages).

I had to do this after we installed an anti-virus program, and the server
sent a few hundred messages to the rt e-mail account.

Otherwise check out the MySql documentation to do a backup and restore.

/------------------------------------------
Scott McClelland, CNE, MCP
Network Administrator
Vortex Data Systems
http://www.vortexdata.com
--------------------------------------------
/