Hide owner fields for privileged users

Hi,

I want to know if there is any way I can hide the owner field on ticket creation for privileged users.

Thanks

Hi Iacob

you could modify the html in /opt/rt4/local/html/Ticket/Create.html to be something like this:
<input type=“hidden” class=“hidden” name=“Owner” value="<% RT->Nobody->Id %>" />

regards
Garry

Hi Booth,

I can’t find Create.html in /opt/rt4/local/html/Ticket . I found Create.html in /opt/rt4/share/html/Ticket but, I do not found that input tag <input type=“hidden” class=“hidden” name=“Owner” value="<% RT->Nobody->Id %>" /> . I thought about this solution, but I was thinking there might be other solutions.

Hi Berar

You need to copy the Create.html from share to local and then modify whatever you’ve got for the owner input field, to be hidden

regards
Garry

It looks like you should be able to use a callback in opt/rt4/share/html/Ticket/Elements/EditBasics called “MassageFields” to remove the owner field.

You would create a file:

/opt/rt4/local/Callbacks/MyCallbacks/Ticket/Elements/EditBasics/MassageFields

With the following content:

<%init>
return unless $Fields and $m->request_path =~ /\/Ticket\/Update\.html/;

my @new_field_args;
foreach my $field_args (@{$Fields}) {
    if ( $field_args->{name} ne 'Owner' ) {
        push @new_field_args, $field_args;
    }
}
@{$Fields} = @new_field_args;
</%init>

<%args>
$Fields   => undef;
</%args>

I haven’t tested this code much but it looks like it should be a good start for you.

Regards,
Craig

Thanks for the help !
The solution for me was the following:

copy the Create.html from the /opt/rt4/share/html/Ticket/Create.html to /opt/rt4/local/html/Ticket/Create.html and then I make a copy of the file SelectOwner -> SelectOwner2 from /opt/rt4/share/html/Elements/SelectOwner that was render in the html to display the Owners, and comment out all of the lines from the SelectOwner2 file, and I change the path of the file in Create.html to the new SelectOwner2 file.