Help with RT access rights

Hi all

I am struggling with RT rights.

We service multiple customers and so I want to create a user

for each customer so that they can log into the RT system and log issues and
assign accordingly.

I created a test user with minimal access which are able to

create tickets, however the user have access to search for tickets which
then displays tickets logged by other customers as well.

How can I limit the user to either not search but still have

access to their own ticket or otherwise only search for their tickets.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards

Machiel

Dang, 3 of the same messages :slight_smile:

I am a newb to rt but like to give where I take. Could you use multiple queues to segregate the permissions and tickets?From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Machiel Richards
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 1:49 AM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Help with RT access rights

Hi all

We service multiple customers and so I want to create a user for each customer so that they can log into the RT system and log issues and assign accordingly.

I created a test user with minimal access which are able to create tickets, however the user have access to search for tickets which then displays tickets logged by other customers as well.

How can I limit the user to either not search but still have access to their own ticket or otherwise only search for their tickets.

Regards
Machiel

Sounds like you have global permissions for either everyone or those specific groups. I would look there first.From: Machiel Richards [mailto:machielr@rdc.co.za]
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 12:48 AM
To: Jason Ledford
Subject: RE: [rt-users] Help with RT access rights

Hi Jason

Sorry for the duplicated messages, had a problem where the messages weren't going through then they released it afterwards.

I do have multiple queues, however the clients can still search and it displays all the queues' tickets.

Sent: 18 December 2009 03:42 PM
To: Machiel Richards; rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: RE: [rt-users] Help with RT access rights

Dang, 3 of the same messages :slight_smile:

I am a newb to rt but like to give where I take. Could you use multiple queues to segregate the permissions and tickets?

From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Machiel Richards
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 1:49 AM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Help with RT access rights

Hi all

We service multiple customers and so I want to create a user for each customer so that they can log into the RT system and log issues and assign accordingly.

I created a test user with minimal access which are able to create tickets, however the user have access to search for tickets which then displays tickets logged by other customers as well.

How can I limit the user to either not search but still have access to their own ticket or otherwise only search for their tickets.

Regards
Machiel