Help with CommandByEmail

Hi,

I have a 4.0.10 system installed with the latest (.13 I believe) CommandByMail installed and active. I can test it from my Outlook and it picks up the commands and adjust the ticket when I submit it. The problem is that when I do the same from a Sharepoint form it does not work even if I specify my own email as the from address. I can verify that the email is coming in and getting read by TakeAction but it is missing the content all together. Here is a sample of the email that does not work as seen in the frontend of RT:

Received: ***** by ****s.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 89CA640403 for <ahernandez@services.americashloans.netmailto:ahernandez@services.americashloans.net>; Fri, 8 Mar 2013 14:40:48 -0600 (CST)
Received: from s.net (...13) by .net (...48) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 14.1.218.12; Fri, 8 Mar 2013 14:41:05 -0600
Received: from **** ([
..*.36]) by .net with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Fri, 8 Mar 2013 14:41:05 -0600
From sharepoint@
.netmailto:sharepoint@**.net Fri Mar 8 14:40:48 2013
X-Originalarrivaltime: 08 Mar 2013 20:41:05.0839 (UTC) FILETIME=[4188CBF0:01CE1C3D]
Delivered-To: queuename@**s.netmailto:queuename@**s.net
MIME-Version: 1.0
Return-Path: <sharepoint@***s.netmailto:sharepoint@***s.net>
X-Mailer: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
X-Original-To: queuname@**s.netmailto:queuname@**s.net
Message-ID: <EXCHnGlsQNAqx0000b57e@**s.netmailto:EXCHnGlsQNAqx0000b57e@**s.net>
content-type: text/html; charset=“utf-8”
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
Content-Length: 702

Owner: username
AddRequestor: rroginela@AmeriCashLoans.net
<FONT FACE="Calibri">CF.{First_Name}: test123

Now all the fields can be verified as valid(this same info works when I send an e-mail from outlook with these values) and the sharepoint@**s.netmailto:sharepoint@**s.net is authorized to create tickets and all that jazz (has same rights as me) but it does not find the fields and never updates anything… Anything I can do? I can mess around a little with the HTML of the message if needed but I can’t make it plain/text. I know it has something to do with the way the TakeAction.pm reads the content but I haven’t the slightest clue when it comes to REGEX and all that. Thanks for any help.

Thank you,
Rafal Roginela
Network Engineer

AmeriCash Loans, LLC
880 Lee Street, Suite 302
Des Plaines, IL 60016

Office (847) 827-9740 x109
Fax (847) 493-8031

rroginela@americashloans.net mailto:rroginela@americashloans.net

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. (3.8) Please consider the environment before printing this email.

I have a 4.0.10 system installed with the latest (.13 I believe) CommandByMail installed and
active. I can test it from my Outlook and it picks up the commands and adjust the ticket when
I submit it. The problem is that when I do the same from a Sharepoint form it does not work
even if I specify my own email as the from address. I can verify that the email is coming in
and getting read by TakeAction but it is missing the content all together. Here is a sample of
the email that does not work as seen in the frontend of RT:

Is your mail client sending text/plain and an html alternative while
sharepoint is sending just HTML? That’d be the first thing I looked
at since I bet CommandByMail isn’t stripping HTML tags before looking
for commands.

-kevin

Hi,

Yeah and there seems to be no way to make Sharpoint stop sending html… So I need some help with the stripping of the tags somehow.

Thank you,

Rafal Roginela
Network Engineer

AmeriCash Loans, LLC
880 Lee Street, Suite 302
Des Plaines, IL 60016

Office (847) 827-9740 x109
Fax (847) 493-8031

rroginela@americashloans.net

I have a 4.0.10 system installed with the latest (.13 I believe) CommandByMail installed and
active. I can test it from my Outlook and it picks up the commands and adjust the ticket when
I submit it. The problem is that when I do the same from a Sharepoint form it does not work
even if I specify my own email as the from address. I can verify that the email is coming in
and getting read by TakeAction but it is missing the content all together. Here is a sample of
the email that does not work as seen in the frontend of RT:

Is your mail client sending text/plain and an html alternative while
sharepoint is sending just HTML? That’d be the first thing I looked
at since I bet CommandByMail isn’t stripping HTML tags before looking
for commands.

-kevin

Received: ***** by ****s.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 89CA640403 for
<[1]ahernandez@services.americashloans.net>; Fri, 8 Mar 2013 14:40:48 -0600 (CST)

Received: from s.net (...13) by .net (..*.48) with Microsoft SMTP Server id
14.1.218.12; Fri, 8 Mar 2013 14:41:05 -0600

Received: from **** ([..**.36]) by **.net with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Fri, 8
Mar 2013 14:41:05 -0600

From [2]sharepoint@**.net Fri Mar 8 14:40:48 2013

X-Originalarrivaltime: 08 Mar 2013 20:41:05.0839 (UTC) FILETIME=[4188CBF0:01CE1C3D]

Delivered-To: [3]queuename@**s.net

MIME-Version: 1.0

Subject: New Special Approval Requested

Return-Path: <[4]sharepoint@***s.net>

X-Mailer: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010

X-Original-To: [5]queuname@**s.net

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 14:41:07 -0600

Message-ID: <[6]EXCHnGlsQNAqx0000b57e@**s.net>

content-type: text/html; charset=“utf-8”

To: <[7]quueename@**s.net>

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8

Content-Length: 702

Owner:

username
AddRequestor:

[8]rroginela@AmeriCashLoans.net
CF.{First_Name}:

test123

Now all the fields can be verified as valid(this same info works when I send an e-mail from
outlook with these values) and the [9]sharepoint@**s.net is authorized to create tickets and
all that jazz (has same rights as me) but it does not find the fields and never updates
anything… Anything I can do? I can mess around a little with the HTML of the message if
needed but I can’t make it plain/text. I know it has something to do with the way the
TakeAction.pm reads the content but I haven’t the slightest clue when it comes to REGEX and
all that. Thanks for any help.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. (3.8) Please consider the environment before printing this email.