Help in debugging

Hi all,
if I have a row like this in the log:

[26226] [Tue Jan 27 15:20:19 2015] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value in string eq at (eval 829) line 1. ((eval 829):1)

how do I know which is the object involved?

Thank you in advance.

Cris

I’d probably try to discover more by enabling debug logging first.

I think in my case, “eval”-related things are usually to do with scrips or
templates. I don’t think any of mine are 829 lines long though, as your
warning suggests.On 28 Jan 2015 2:47 am, “Guadagnino Cristiano” < guadagnino.cristiano@creval.it> wrote:

Hi all,

[26226] [Tue Jan 27 15:20:19 2015] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value in string eq at (eval 829) line 1. ((eval 829):1)

Thank you in advance.

Cris

Thank you Alex.
At last, I found the culprit via “brute force” (i.e. I examined all my scrips).

Cris

Da: Alex Peters alex@peters.netmailto:alex@peters.net
Inviato: Tue Jan 27 2015 20:46:22 GMT+0100 (CET)
A: Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano@creval.itmailto:guadagnino.cristiano@creval.it
Oggetto: Re: [rt-users] Help in debugging

I think in my case, “eval”-related things are usually to do with scrips or templates. I don’t think any of mine are 829 lines long though, as your warning suggests.On 28 Jan 2015 2:47 am, “Guadagnino Cristiano” <guadagnino.cristiano@creval.itmailto:guadagnino.cristiano@creval.it> wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you in advance.

Cris

Hi,

we have the same problem here - lot’s of plugins and scripts - and some eval-message like

Jan 26 10:49:10 artee3 RT4: [23122] Use of uninitialized value in string eq at (eval 3414) line 23.
Jan 26 10:49:11 artee3 RT4: [23122] Use of uninitialized value in string eq at (eval 3487) line 23.
Jan 28 04:12:46 artee3 RT4: [24654] Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at template line 32.
Jan 28 04:13:55 artee3 RT4: [24654] Use of uninitialized value in string eq at (eval 2005) line 23.

and I don’t know how to find out who produces these problems …

Any hints for debugging?

regards
DannyFrom: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Guadagnino Cristiano
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:09 AM
To: Alex Peters
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Help in debugging

Thank you Alex.

Cris

A: Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano@creval.itmailto:guadagnino.cristiano@creval.it
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.commailto:rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com

I think in my case, “eval”-related things are usually to do with scrips or templates. I don’t think any of mine are 829 lines long though, as your warning suggests.

smime.p7s (2.23 KB)

As Alex suggested, you can enable debug logging.
However, the problem with debug logging is that you get flooded with irrelevant debug messages.

Instead of enabling debug logging, I did the following to facilitate debugging: in every one of my custom scrips I added the folowing line as the very first line:

$RT::Logger->info( “-- Scrip XX –\n” );

Where you have to change the “XX” with the number of your scrip.

Hope this helps.

Bye
Cris

Da: Daniel Schwager Daniel.Schwager@dtnet.demailto:Daniel.Schwager@dtnet.de
Inviato: Wed Jan 28 2015 11:12:31 GMT+0100 (CET)
A: ‘Guadagnino Cristiano’ guadagnino.cristiano@creval.itmailto:guadagnino.cristiano@creval.it, ‘Alex Peters’ alex@peters.netmailto:alex@peters.netCc: "‘rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com’"mailto:‘rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com’ rt-users@lists.bestpractical.commailto:rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Hi,

we have the same problem here - lot’s of plugins and scripts - and some eval-message like

Jan 26 10:49:10 artee3 RT4: [23122] Use of uninitialized value in string eq at (eval 3414) line 23.
Jan 26 10:49:11 artee3 RT4: [23122] Use of uninitialized value in string eq at (eval 3487) line 23.
Jan 28 04:12:46 artee3 RT4: [24654] Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at template line 32.
Jan 28 04:13:55 artee3 RT4: [24654] Use of uninitialized value in string eq at (eval 2005) line 23.

and I don’t know how to find out who produces these problems …

Any hints for debugging?

regards
Danny

From: rt-users [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Guadagnino Cristiano
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:09 AM
To: Alex Peters
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Help in debugging

Thank you Alex.

Cris

I think in my case, “eval”-related things are usually to do with scrips or templates. I don’t think any of mine are 829 lines long though, as your warning suggests.

Cristiano Guadagnino

Servizio Sistemi Dipartimentali, Periferici e DB
Bankadati Servizi Informatici Soc.Cons.P.A.
Gruppo bancario Credito Valtellinese
VIA TRENTO, 22 - 23100 SONDRIO
tel +39 0342522172 - fax +39 0342522997
guadagnino.cristiano@creval.it
www.creval.ithttp://www.creval.it

Il presente messaggio non è di natura personale ma inviato per esigenze lavorative; l’eventuale messaggio di risposta potrà essere conosciuto anche da altri soggetti diversi dall’originatore di questo messaggio per dette esigenze o per controllo aziendale. Questo messaggio, corredato dei relativi allegati, contiene informazioni da considerarsi strettamente riservate, ed è destinato esclusivamente al destinatario sopra indicato, il quale è l’unico autorizzato ad usarlo, copiarlo e, sotto la propria responsabilità, diffonderlo. Chiunque ricevesse questo messaggio per errore o comunque lo leggesse senza esserne legittimato è avvertito che trattenerlo, copiarlo, divulgarlo, distribuirlo a persone diverse dal destinatario è severamente proibito, ed è pregato di rinviarlo immediatamente al mittente distruggendone l’originale.