Global or Queue scrips first?

Which are executed first, the Global or Queue scrips in v3.6.6? Is there
a way to control which ones go first? I know the description is used to
sort the scrips, but I have some queue scrips which seem to run before
some globals (which should come first if/when sorted).

Thanks!
js.
Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator jsmoriss@mvlan.net

All are sorted by description, however descriptions of many (may be
all) default scrips are not defined and those are executed first on
mysql and last on Pg, Oracle. Difference caused by difference in
treating NULL values. In 3.8 upgrade scripts we have code that
auto-generate descriptions for all scrips which have it undefined. You
can steal it from etc/upgrade in our svn repo.On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Jean-Sebastien Morisset jsmoriss@mvlan.net wrote:

Which are executed first, the Global or Queue scrips in v3.6.6? Is there
a way to control which ones go first? I know the description is used to
sort the scrips, but I have some queue scrips which seem to run before
some globals (which should come first if/when sorted).

Thanks!
js.

Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator jsmoriss@mvlan.net


The rt-users Archives

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Best regards, Ruslan.

Thanks Ruslan, but all my scrips have descriptions… Here’s an example:

Scrips which apply to all queues

* On Merge Notify Requestors, Ccs and Owner with template Merged Ticket
  User Defined Notify Requestors, Ccs and Owner with template Merged Ticket
* On Status Change and Status is rejected or deleted, Notify Requestors
  User Defined Notify Requestors with template Ticket Rejected or Deleted
* On Status Change and Status is stalled, Notify Requestors
  User Defined Notify Requestors with template Status Change
* On Resolve Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Resolved
  On Resolve Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Resolved
* On Correspond Notify Requestors, Ccs and Owner with template Correspondence
  On Correspond Notify Requestors, Ccs and Owner with template Correspondence
* On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
  On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
* On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank
  On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank
* On Owner Change Notify Owner and Requestors with template Owner Change
  On Owner Change Notify Owner and Requestors with template Owner Change
* On ApprovlReq Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Approval Required
  On ApprovlReq Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Approval Required
* On ApprovlReq Create Tickets with template Create Approval
  On ApprovlReq Create Tickets with template Create Approval
* A. On Create Extract Custom Field Values with template On Create Extract Values
  On Create Extract Custom Field Values with template On Create Extract Values
* On Owner Change Auto Cc Last Owner with template Blank
  On Owner Change User Defined with template Blank
* B. On Create Notify Owner with template Added to Queue with Owner
  On Create Notify Owner with template Added to Queue with Owner
* On Status Change from resolved to open, Notify Owner and Requestors
  User Defined Notify Owner and Requestors with template Re-opened

Current Scrips

On Create and Owner is Nobody, Notify Unix with template Added to Queue
User Defined Notify Group Unix with template Added to Queue

On Create from E-mail, Autoreply To Requestors with template Autoreply
User Defined Autoreply To Requestors with template Autoreply

On Owner Change Notify Group Unix with template Owner Change
On Owner Change Notify Group Unix with template Owner Change

On Queue Change Notify Group Unix with template Moved to Queue
On Queue Change Notify Group Unix with template Moved to Queue

As you can see, the global ones are not sorted, even though they have
descriptions…

If this is just a display thing, I don’t mind, but I would expect the
following execution order:

Global:
* A. On Create Extract Custom Field Values with template On Create Extract Values
Queue:
On Create and Owner is Nobody, Notify Unix with template Added to Queue

But in fact the queue scrip appears to get executed first.

Thanks,
js.On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 11:34:24PM +0400, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:

All are sorted by description, however descriptions of many (may be
all) default scrips are not defined and those are executed first on
mysql and last on Pg, Oracle. Difference caused by difference in
treating NULL values. In 3.8 upgrade scripts we have code that
auto-generate descriptions for all scrips which have it undefined. You
can steal it from etc/upgrade in our svn repo.

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Jean-Sebastien Morisset jsmoriss@mvlan.net wrote:

Which are executed first, the Global or Queue scrips in v3.6.6? Is there
a way to control which ones go first? I know the description is used to
sort the scrips, but I have some queue scrips which seem to run before
some globals (which should come first if/when sorted).

Thanks!
js.

Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator jsmoriss@mvlan.net


The rt-users Archives

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.

Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator jsmoriss@mvlan.net

May be there is different “issue”. All scrips are prepared first and
then committed. Notification action collect recipients of the email
during prepare when scrips must change data only during commit.

Close to your situation?On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 11:41 PM, Jean-Sebastien Morisset jsmoriss@mvlan.net wrote:

Thanks Ruslan, but all my scrips have descriptions… Here’s an example:

Scrips which apply to all queues

* On Merge Notify Requestors, Ccs and Owner with template Merged Ticket
  User Defined Notify Requestors, Ccs and Owner with template Merged Ticket
* On Status Change and Status is rejected or deleted, Notify Requestors
  User Defined Notify Requestors with template Ticket Rejected or Deleted
* On Status Change and Status is stalled, Notify Requestors
  User Defined Notify Requestors with template Status Change
* On Resolve Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Resolved
  On Resolve Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Resolved
* On Correspond Notify Requestors, Ccs and Owner with template Correspondence
  On Correspond Notify Requestors, Ccs and Owner with template Correspondence
* On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
  On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
* On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank
  On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank
* On Owner Change Notify Owner and Requestors with template Owner Change
  On Owner Change Notify Owner and Requestors with template Owner Change
* On ApprovlReq Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Approval Required
  On ApprovlReq Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Approval Required
* On ApprovlReq Create Tickets with template Create Approval
  On ApprovlReq Create Tickets with template Create Approval
* A. On Create Extract Custom Field Values with template On Create Extract Values
  On Create Extract Custom Field Values with template On Create Extract Values
* On Owner Change Auto Cc Last Owner with template Blank
  On Owner Change User Defined with template Blank
* B. On Create Notify Owner with template Added to Queue with Owner
  On Create Notify Owner with template Added to Queue with Owner
* On Status Change from resolved to open, Notify Owner and Requestors
  User Defined Notify Owner and Requestors with template Re-opened

Current Scrips

On Create and Owner is Nobody, Notify Unix with template Added to Queue
User Defined Notify Group Unix with template Added to Queue

On Create from E-mail, Autoreply To Requestors with template Autoreply
User Defined Autoreply To Requestors with template Autoreply

On Owner Change Notify Group Unix with template Owner Change
On Owner Change Notify Group Unix with template Owner Change

On Queue Change Notify Group Unix with template Moved to Queue
On Queue Change Notify Group Unix with template Moved to Queue

As you can see, the global ones are not sorted, even though they have
descriptions…

If this is just a display thing, I don’t mind, but I would expect the
following execution order:

Global:
* A. On Create Extract Custom Field Values with template On Create Extract Values
Queue:
On Create and Owner is Nobody, Notify Unix with template Added to Queue

But in fact the queue scrip appears to get executed first.

Thanks,
js.

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 11:34:24PM +0400, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:

All are sorted by description, however descriptions of many (may be
all) default scrips are not defined and those are executed first on
mysql and last on Pg, Oracle. Difference caused by difference in
treating NULL values. In 3.8 upgrade scripts we have code that
auto-generate descriptions for all scrips which have it undefined. You
can steal it from etc/upgrade in our svn repo.

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Jean-Sebastien Morisset jsmoriss@mvlan.net wrote:

Which are executed first, the Global or Queue scrips in v3.6.6? Is there
a way to control which ones go first? I know the description is used to
sort the scrips, but I have some queue scrips which seem to run before
some globals (which should come first if/when sorted).

Thanks!
js.

Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator jsmoriss@mvlan.net


The rt-users Archives

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com


Best regards, Ruslan.

Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator jsmoriss@mvlan.net


The rt-users Archives

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Best regards, Ruslan.

May be there is different “issue”. All scrips are prepared first and
then committed. Notification action collect recipients of the email
during prepare when scrips must change data only during commit.

Close to your situation?

Hm. Maybe.

I have a scrip which extracts info from the e-mail and sets certain
custom fields. It’s description in the global scrips is “A. On Create
Extract Custom Field Values with template On Create Extract Values” so
it can run first.

I have another scrip in a queue described as “On Create and Owner is
Nobody, Notify Unix with template Added to Queue”. I would expect this
scrip to run second.

The notification template uses some custom fields, which were defined by
the first scrip, but they’re not showing up in the notification e-mail.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
js.
Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator jsmoriss@mvlan.net