Fixed Attachments with for RT with mysql backend

I am using rt 3.6.7, but this probably applies to 3.8.1

I have been having problems with attachments in RT for awhile.

I got the problem narrowed down to RT was doing odd things with
attachments that contained a null byte (00)
Text documents attached ok, but nothing else seemed to, like customer
screen shots.

I looked at the scheme.mysql file for rt 3.8.1 and noticed that it used
LONGTEXT for the content column in the Attachments table.
Our current install of 3.6.7 had the same thing. I changed the column
to use LONGBLOB and sent a test message with a image and it worked.

I couldn’t find any documentation on the difference but I still
recommend using blobs instead of text for data that might contain a null
byte.

I am using mysql version 5.0.54 on Gentoo Linux with rt 3.6.7

You were looking at wrong schema file, RT 3.8.1 has different schema
for mysql 5.0+ and there are special upgrade steps required which are
described in UPGRADING.mysqlOn Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Hef hef@tavros.net wrote:

I am using rt 3.6.7, but this probably applies to 3.8.1

I have been having problems with attachments in RT for awhile.

I got the problem narrowed down to RT was doing odd things with
attachments that contained a null byte (00)
Text documents attached ok, but nothing else seemed to, like customer
screen shots.

I looked at the scheme.mysql file for rt 3.8.1 and noticed that it used
LONGTEXT for the content column in the Attachments table.
Our current install of 3.6.7 had the same thing. I changed the column
to use LONGBLOB and sent a test message with a image and it worked.

I couldn’t find any documentation on the difference but I still
recommend using blobs instead of text for data that might contain a null
byte.

I am using mysql version 5.0.54 on Gentoo Linux with rt 3.6.7


List info: http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-devel

Best regards, Ruslan.