Fetchmail practical configuration

Hello list…

I’ve just setup an installation of rtir 3.0.2 on RT 4.0.20. I’m looking for some practical examples of how the fetchmailrc file has been setup to handle the mailflow within RTIR.

With standard RT, I had rt.comments and rt.correspondence, that dump into a single queue. I haven’t found anything to indicate how many addresses I need, to which queue’s etc…would appreciate if someone could share a practical example of the fetchmailrc file (sanitized of course) given a typical installation of RTIR?

Thanks!

This communication is confidential. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at Wireless, Internet, TV, Home Monitoring, and Home phone - Rogershttp://www.rogers.com/web/content/emailnotice

Ce message est confidentiel. Notre transmission et r?ception de courriels se fait strictement suivant les modalit?s ?nonc?es dans l’avis publi? ? www.rogers.com/aviscourriel http://www.rogers.com/aviscourriel

I’ve just setup an installation of rtir 3.0.2 on RT 4.0.20. I’m looking for some practical
examples of how the fetchmailrc file has been setup to handle the mailflow within RTIR.

With standard RT, I had rt.comments and rt.correspondence, that dump into a single queue. I
haven’t found anything to indicate how many addresses I need, to which queue’s etc…would
appreciate if someone could share a practical example of the fetchmailrc file (sanitized of
course) given a typical installation of RTIR?

I’m not sure if someone has volunteered a configuration off queue, but
most folks just have a security@ address that makes Incident Reports
and then that address is shared across queues. Remember that when
mail comes back to RT, it matches on the subject, not the to address,
so you can safely use the same address to generate outbound email from
Investigations that you do to accept inbound mail in IR.

There’s no rules here, it all depends on what your needs are. I know
multiple people who have 10 things that feed into IR, one official
address to send out Investigations, but then 3 other addresses that
are used for other constituencies.

Just like core RT, RTIR has flexible mail handling, limited only by
how you configure it externally.

-kevin