Extra requestor being added

Hi all,

RT: 4.0.5

I’d previously posted this issue and thought it had been resolved but its back.

Just a few days ago after I added myself as a AdminCc to a queue then removed myself as an AdminCc I’m now being added to every new ticket as an additional Requestor. This is happening on all queues not just the one I added/removed myself as AdminCc (this just seemed to kick-off the problem again).

I just created a ticket myself and I see this as part of the create response,

“Couldn’t set Requestor watcher: That principal is already a Requestor for this ticket”

This seems promising in tracking down the issue as it seems to be implying that RT is attempting to set me as the additional Requestor but doesn’t since I’m already the Requestor. The queue has no additional People set as watchers.

I don’t quite know where to look for a “Requestor watcher” setting or if I’m correct about that response, any help appreciated.

David T. Grayston Systems & Database Administrator
University of Washington School of Public Health
Office of the Dean

Just following up to add that I’ve fixed this issue - definitely self-inflicted by previously editing the database directly . Prior to officially deploying for use I’d wanted to keep all of the queues, users, scrips, and templates that had been setup but wanted to remove all of the testing tickets and re-set the ticket count to #1. I missed fully purging the Groups table entries that make associations between ticket and the different roles/groups that are part of the ticket. Removing the remaining orphaned entries (for ticket numbers not-yet created) seems to have cured this issue.

Office of the DeanFrom: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of David T. Grayston
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 12:37 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Extra requestor being added

Hi all,

RT: 4.0.5

I’d previously posted this issue and thought it had been resolved but its back.

Just a few days ago after I added myself as a AdminCc to a queue then removed myself as an AdminCc I’m now being added to every new ticket as an additional Requestor. This is happening on all queues not just the one I added/removed myself as AdminCc (this just seemed to kick-off the problem again).

I just created a ticket myself and I see this as part of the create response,

“Couldn’t set Requestor watcher: That principal is already a Requestor for this ticket”

This seems promising in tracking down the issue as it seems to be implying that RT is attempting to set me as the additional Requestor but doesn’t since I’m already the Requestor. The queue has no additional People set as watchers.

I don’t quite know where to look for a “Requestor watcher” setting or if I’m correct about that response, any help appreciated.

Office of the Dean

Just following up to add that I’ve fixed this issue – definitely
self-inflicted by previously editing the database directly . Prior to
officially deploying for use I’d wanted to keep all of the queues,
users, scrips, and templates that had been setup but wanted to remove
all of the testing tickets and re-set the ticket count to #1. I missed
fully purging the Groups table entries that make associations between
ticket and the different roles/groups that are part of the ticket.
Removing the remaining orphaned entries (for ticket numbers not-yet
created) seems to have cured this issue.

You’ll probably want to run rt-validator now to see what other cruft is
hanging around the database.

For future reference, rt-shredder is what you should be using to delete
data from the database, not SQL.

Thanks for the advice Thomas - wish I’d known about those utilities before but still learning about RT and I get a bit ahead of myself.

rt-validator -c definitely uncovered a number of orphaned Transaction records and others that needed to be removed. Much better than hunting around and using raw SQL.

David

Office of the Dean