Error on ticket create after 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 upgrade

After upgrading from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2, I find that a ticket creation request results in a “An internal RT error has occurred” error message. Looking into the logs, I see the more detailed error message:

[2610] [Thu Oct 28 11:53:07 2021] [error]: Undefined subroutine &HTML::Mason::Commands::PreprocessTimeUpdates called at /usr/share/rt5/html/Ticket/Create.html line 470.

[/usr/share/rt5/html/autohandler:53] (/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/RT/Interface/Web/

The RT server is running on CentOS 8. Our RT installations are always installed using rpms created in-house.The upgrade from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 was achieved by running yum update and then by updating the database with the rt-setup-database command.

Ticket creation is working fine on our 5.0.1 installation.

Figured it out, sorry for the trouble. We have a local version of, required to change Cookie settings as per a Security audit. I will change it to reflect the new

This ticket can be closed.

Actually, I ran into the same issue except our RT instance was CentOS 7. It was of course running GPG 2.0 and so testdeps was failing on GPG-Interface as it was only v1.0. I manually tried updating the GPG-Interface to 1.2 and that got testdeps to give the all OK. But when I ran the upgrade, without errors, I ran into the exact same issue, so I’m wondering if your fix would work for me as well. What exactly did you do, as I didn’t quite follow your explanation…

Hi, it’s not really a fix. We have our own customised local copy of A very slightly modified version of the 5.0.1 version of was kept in our RT local directory. RT 5.0.2 makes some significant changes to, and when we upgraded to 5.0.2, the new changes were not reflected because we were still using our customised 5.0.1 copy. Customising the 5.0.2 version fixed the issue.