Error during make upgrade-database -- RTx::AssetTracker::Type

Hello,
I’m currently using RT 3.4.5 with AssetTracker extension and with Mysql 5 database. I want to setup new RT 4.0.8 on a new server with importing database from old server (generating mysqldump from old and populating DB on new server). I’m able to use make upgrade for this purpose and follow steps in UPGRADING.mysql file upto “Item 7”. That is, run “make upgrade-database” and apply updates from 3.4.5 up to 3.7.87 (as suggested in UPGRADING.mysql file). Then I’m able to apply RT 3.8 schema upgrades by generating and applying queries (upto Item 7). But, then in Item 8, I have to run make upgrade-database again to apply remaining updates (starting from 3.7.87). This is when I encounter below error and cannot proceed further. Any help/suggestions on fixing this would be greatly appreciated. Please help!

[root@isupport rt-4.0.8]# make upgrade-database
/usr/bin/perl -I/opt/rt4/local/lib -I/opt/rt4/lib sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to connect to your mysql instance on localhost as root
Please specify that user’s database password below. If the user has no database
password, just press return.

Password:
Working with:
Type: mysql
Host: localhost
Name: rt
User: rt
DBA: root
Enter RT version you’re upgrading from: 3.7.87

Going to apply following upgrades:

• 4.0.0rc2
  • 4.0.0rc4
  • 4.0.0rc7

Enter RT version if you want to stop upgrade at some point,
or leave it blank if you want apply above upgrades:

IT’S VERY IMPORTANT TO BACK UP BEFORE THIS STEP

Proceed [y/N]:y
Processing 3.8.0
Now inserting data.
Processing 3.8.1
Now inserting data.
Processing 3.8.2
Now inserting data.
[Thu Dec 20 23:16:43 2012] [warning]: Going to add [OLD] prefix to all templates in approvals queue. If you have never used approvals, you can safely delete all the templates with the [OLD] prefix. Leave the new Approval templates because you may eventually want to start using approvals. (./etc/upgrade/3.8.2/content:3)
[Thu Dec 20 23:16:43 2012] [error]: That principal already has that right (/opt/download/rt-4.0.8/sbin/…/lib/RT/Handle.pm:971)
[Thu Dec 20 23:16:43 2012] [warning]: IMPORTANT: We’re going to delete all scrips in Approvals queue and save them in ‘rt-approvals-scrips-xml5’ file. (./etc/upgrade/3.8.2/content:165)
Processing 3.8.3
Now inserting data.
Processing 3.8.4
Now inserting data.
Processing 3.8.6
Now inserting data.
Processing 3.8.8
Now inserting data.
Couldn’t finish ‘upgrade’ step.

ERROR: One of initial functions failed: Can’t locate object method “new” via package “RTx::AssetTracker::Type” (perhaps you forgot to load “RTx::AssetTracker::Type”?) at /opt/download/rt-4.0.8/sbin/…/lib/RT/ObjectCustomField.pm line 148, <> line 1.

make: *** [upgrade-database] Error 255

Chirag Parikh
Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk
195 Broadway, New York

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for my below issue. Anyone on database upgrade expert? I’m stuck on below mentioned step. Please help!

Chirag.From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Parikh, Chirag (Financial&Risk)
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 12:41 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Error during make upgrade-database – RTx::AssetTracker::Type

Hello,
I’m currently using RT 3.4.5 with AssetTracker extension and with Mysql 5 database. I want to setup new RT 4.0.8 on a new server with importing database from old server (generating mysqldump from old and populating DB on new server). I’m able to use make upgrade for this purpose and follow steps in UPGRADING.mysql file upto “Item 7”. That is, run “make upgrade-database” and apply updates from 3.4.5 up to 3.7.87 (as suggested in UPGRADING.mysql file). Then I’m able to apply RT 3.8 schema upgrades by generating and applying queries (upto Item 7). But, then in Item 8, I have to run make upgrade-database again to apply remaining updates (starting from 3.7.87). This is when I encounter below error and cannot proceed further. Any help/suggestions on fixing this would be greatly appreciated. Please help!

[root@isupport rt-4.0.8]# make upgrade-database
/usr/bin/perl -I/opt/rt4/local/lib -I/opt/rt4/lib sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to connect to your mysql instance on localhost as root
Please specify that user’s database password below. If the user has no database
password, just press return.

Password:
Working with:
Type: mysql
Host: localhost
Name: rt
User: rt
DBA: root
Enter RT version you’re upgrading from: 3.7.87

Going to apply following upgrades:

• 4.0.0rc2
  • 4.0.0rc4
  • 4.0.0rc7

Enter RT version if you want to stop upgrade at some point,
or leave it blank if you want apply above upgrades:

IT’S VERY IMPORTANT TO BACK UP BEFORE THIS STEP

Proceed [y/N]:y
Processing 3.8.0
Now inserting data.
Processing 3.8.1
Now inserting data.
Processing 3.8.2
Now inserting data.
[Thu Dec 20 23:16:43 2012] [warning]: Going to add [OLD] prefix to all templates in approvals queue. If you have never used approvals, you can safely delete all the templates with the [OLD] prefix. Leave the new Approval templates because you may eventually want to start using approvals. (./etc/upgrade/3.8.2/content:3)
[Thu Dec 20 23:16:43 2012] [error]: That principal already has that right (/opt/download/rt-4.0.8/sbin/…/lib/RT/Handle.pm:971)
[Thu Dec 20 23:16:43 2012] [warning]: IMPORTANT: We’re going to delete all scrips in Approvals queue and save them in ‘rt-approvals-scrips-xml5’ file. (./etc/upgrade/3.8.2/content:165)
Processing 3.8.3
Now inserting data.
Processing 3.8.4
Now inserting data.
Processing 3.8.6
Now inserting data.
Processing 3.8.8
Now inserting data.
Couldn’t finish ‘upgrade’ step.

ERROR: One of initial functions failed: Can’t locate object method “new” via package “RTx::AssetTracker::Type” (perhaps you forgot to load “RTx::AssetTracker::Type”?) at /opt/download/rt-4.0.8/sbin/…/lib/RT/ObjectCustomField.pm line 148, <> line 1.

make: *** [upgrade-database] Error 255

Chirag Parikh
Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk
195 Broadway, New York

I’m currently using RT 3.4.5 with AssetTracker extension and with Mysql
5 database. I want to setup new RT 4.0.8 on a new server with importing
database from old server (generating mysqldump from old and populating
DB on new server). I’m able to use make upgrade for this purpose and
follow steps in UPGRADING.mysql file upto “Item 7”. That is, run “make
upgrade-database” and apply updates from 3.4.5 up to 3.7.87 (as
suggested in UPGRADING.mysql file). Then I’m able to apply RT 3.8 schema
upgrades by generating and applying queries (upto Item 7). But, then in
Item 8, I have to run make upgrade-database again to apply remaining
updates (starting from 3.7.87). This is when I encounter below error and
cannot proceed further. Any help/suggestions on fixing this would be
greatly appreciated. Please help!

The error you’re seeing is because RTx-AssetTracker isn’t loaded yet
there are records referencing it in the database.

Since AssetTracker is a third-party extension, I suggest tracking down
the AT team and seeing what they suggest. Sometimes they respond on
rt-users, but not always. I don’t think AT is supported on RT 4, however.

chirag.parikh@thomsonreuters.com wrote:

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for my below issue.
Anyone on database upgrade expert? I’m stuck on below mentioned step.
Please help!
Remove AT temporarily from RT_Siteconfig.pm and retry the upgrade. Find AT on github for the latest version which does work with 4.0.x

Joop

Hi Joop,
Thanks for responding. I have already removed AT from RT_SiteConfig.pm, and still getting this error. I have also downloaded new AT from github which I plan to use after I can setup new RT successfully…i.e. if only I can get past this “make upgrade-database” to succeed somehow. It succeeded for the first half of the upgrade (from 3.4.5 to 3.7.87 once I commented out AT), but the after applying RT 3.8 schema upgrade queries (also successful), it fails on second half of upgrade-database (from 3.7.87 onwards). This is why its puzzling me that removing AT from Siteconfig worked for first half, but not the second half. Any advise?

Chirag.From: Joop [mailto:jvdwege@xs4all.nl]
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 2:58 PM
To: Parikh, Chirag (Financial&Risk); rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Error during make upgrade-database – RTx::AssetTracker::Type

chirag.parikh@thomsonreuters.com wrote:

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for my below issue.
Anyone on database upgrade expert? I’m stuck on below mentioned step.
Please help!
Remove AT temporarily from RT_Siteconfig.pm and retry the upgrade. Find AT on github for the latest version which does work with 4.0.x

Joop