Email control for RT?

Hello, list.

I’ve been searching around and this seems to have been asked a few
times, but most of the hits I found were from around 2000, so perhaps
things have changed since then.

Is it possible to configure RT in such a way that you can control
certain aspects of tickets over email? For instance, adding in an
“RT-Change-Status” header or something to resolve a ticket without
going in to the web interface, or “RT-Change-Owner”… Things like
that.

Any way to do this?

Thanks,
CJ

WOW: Kakistocracy | “The ships hung in the sky in much the same
apocalyptech.com/wow | way that bricks don’t.” - Douglas Adams,
rt@apocalyptech.com | The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy

CJ Kucera wrote:

Hello, list.

I’ve been searching around and this seems to have been asked a few
times, but most of the hits I found were from around 2000, so perhaps
things have changed since then.

Is it possible to configure RT in such a way that you can control
certain aspects of tickets over email? For instance, adding in an
“RT-Change-Status” header or something to resolve a ticket without
going in to the web interface, or “RT-Change-Owner”… Things like
that.

Any way to do this?
Yes. Scrip actions.

Google.

You could get headers:
$Transaction->Message->First->Headers
And there is also other ways.
Best regards. Ruslan.

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

CJ Kucera wrote:

Hello, list.

I’ve been searching around and this seems to have been asked a few
times, but most of the hits I found were from around 2000, so perhaps
things have changed since then.

Is it possible to configure RT in such a way that you can control
certain aspects of tickets over email? For instance, adding in an
“RT-Change-Status” header or something to resolve a ticket without
going in to the web interface, or “RT-Change-Owner”… Things like
that.

Any way to do this?

Yes. Scrip actions.

Google.

You could get headers:
$Transaction->Message->First->Headers
And there is also other ways.
Best regards. Ruslan.

Found solution was on prev week in archive:

Custom action cleanup code:
if
($self->TransactionObj->$Transaction->Attachments->First->GetHeader(‘MyHeader’)
eq ‘fred’) {
$self->TicketObj->SetOwner(‘fred’);
}
else {
return 1;
}
1;

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

Yes. Scrip actions.

Found solution was on prev week in archive:

Gah, obviously my 1337 websearching skillz have not availed me in this
case. Thanks for the help, that worked beautifully.

-CJ

WOW: Kakistocracy | “The ships hung in the sky in much the same
apocalyptech.com/wow | way that bricks don’t.” - Douglas Adams,
rt@apocalyptech.com | The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy

CJ Kucera wrote:

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

Yes. Scrip actions.

Found solution was on prev week in archive:

Gah, obviously my 1337 websearching skillz have not availed me in this
case. Thanks for the help, that worked beautifully.
I just remember that it was.
In scrip that i sent there is error, look in archive for right.

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

I just remember that it was.
In scrip that i sent there is error, look in archive for right.

Yeah, I noticed that and found out the correct syntax, once I knew
it was in there. :slight_smile: Things are working wonderfully now.

Thanks again!

-CJ

WOW: Kakistocracy | “The ships hung in the sky in much the same
apocalyptech.com/wow | way that bricks don’t.” - Douglas Adams,
rt@apocalyptech.com | The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy